Wireless/Cellular Camera

Hunt365

I have a new club in Illinois this year and its obviously just over a skip away to check the SD card each time. I have read many other threads, some of which are older and with technology always getting better, also many threads are on specific models, I figured I'd start a fresh one.

I understand you have to give up some quality for the photos to come across the cloud but many I have seen are below poor quality. I didn't win the lottery but will spend the money for a good quality camera.

Based on experience, what do you recommend? Post a pic or two and some details if possible (battery life, data usage, etc).

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
You don't really lose quality. You use more data to get the high quality pics. With Moultrie you can request them individually. Not sure about others. Whatever you get, make sure it's working correctly at home, and in the woods before you leave it behind. External batteries or solar panels are a must as well unless you are visiting it every week or two. All according to the amount of pics they are taking.

shdw633

I have moultrie mobile and its ok but not the best. I prefer my Bushnell because I don't have $400 plus into it, I have a solar panel so I ain't changing batteries once a month and the pics are good but could be better at night. I just bought the new bushnell impulse that just came out for $250, obviously I didn't know how it's going to be but like that getting videos via phone is great versus pics and hopefully it has no hiccups.....we'll soon see. I like the pricing of Bushnell picture plan better than the pricing of other cameras out
there.

http://store.camlockbox.com/bushnell-impulse-verizon-cellular-camera-119900v/

They have ATT model as well

XIronheadX

I have moultrie mobile and its ok but not the best. I prefer my Bushnell because I don't have $400 plus into it, I have a solar panel so I ain't changing batteries once a month and the pics are good but could be better at night. I just bought the new bushnell impulse that just came out for $250, obviously I didn't know how it's going to be but like that getting videos via phone is great versus pics and hopefully it has no hiccups.....we'll soon see. I like the pricing of Bushnell picture plan better than the pricing of other cameras out
there.

http://store.camlockbox.com/bushnell-impulse-verizon-cellular-camera-119900v/

They have ATT model as well

That looks pretty good. Let us know how it works. That Wifi connectivity from 150' is what I've been wanting on regular cameras, so I could climb in the stand and check the cards without walking up to the cameras. I guess the data is similar to Moultrie since it starts at 9.99 a month.

I checked it out. I didn't like the 99 cent per hi res that great, but it offers more thumbnails per price. Guess the quality of thumbnail would make the difference.

sghoghunter

I have the CovertWireless Blackhawk and real iffy right now. Sometimes it works flawless then other times it won't take a pic to save its life. I like that it has the ability tell it to take a pic and send it right then. I gave $289 for it on eBay a couple months ago

XIronheadX

If I was investing it would be toward 4g LTE cameras. I think 3g is phased out by 2020.

Hunt365

If I was investing it would be toward 4g LTE cameras. I think 3g is phased out by 2020.

No too worried about 3G going away. My line of work is telecommunications for all the major carriers. Some sites are still getting 2G.

What they ought to do is make dual band cameras that’ll work on both.

XIronheadX

No too worried about 3G going away. My line of work is telecommunications for all the major carriers. Some sites are still getting 2G.

What they ought to do is make dual band cameras that’ll work on both.

I read a bunch about them phasing it out. Is that not the case? My Moultrie is 3g. I was just curious how much time I had with it. I know this past season I seemed to have reception issues as opposed to the previous deer season when it worked like clock work even with weaker signals.

Hunt365

I read a bunch about them phasing it out. Is that not the case? My Moultrie is 3g. I was just curious how much time I had with it. I know this past season I seemed to have reception issues as opposed to the previous deer season when it worked like clock work even with weaker signals.

We’re still building 3G and doing 4G upgrades simultaneously. I personally do not see it going away for another 4-5 years.

shdw633

That Wifi connectivity from 150' is what I've been wanting on regular cameras, so I could climb in the stand and check the cards without walking up to the cameras.

I'm looking forward to that picture and the fact that you can tell the camera when to take a picture and send it to you as well.

shdw633

I can tell my Blackhawk to take a pic and one will come through before I can get off the app

I think that's a great feature and will use it a lot to monitor the growth of my foodplots.

Last edited:

Hunt365

I have the CovertWireless Blackhawk and real iffy right now. Sometimes it works flawless then other times it won't take a pic to save its life. I like that it has the ability tell it to take a pic and send it right then. I gave $289 for it on eBay a couple months ago

That’s a nice feature for sure! On the iffy part of it, do you think it’s a possible setting not set correctly or a camera flaw?

sghoghunter

Not real sure. Seems like one day it works perfectly then the next I won't get anything. When I went yesterday to pour out some minerals I took another cam and hung it on a tree about 6 ft to the side of the covert so in a few days we will check to see if the high dollar covert is that much better than the cheap WGI's.

Todd E

I bought the spypoint evo and I must say it's a sweet cellular cam. $249 Plans are from $0/month/100 to $19.99/month/unlimited/annual or $25.99/month/unlimited/monthly. Entire cam is controlled via app on phone. Turn on and go.

shdw633

I bought the spypoint evo and I must say it's a sweet cellular cam. $249 Plans are from $0/month/100 to $19.99/month/unlimited/annual or $25.99/month/unlimited/monthly. Entire cam is controlled via app on phone. Turn on and go.

Do you have it up and running? Would like to see a couple of pics because they have it on sale for under $200 with free shipping right now. I also just looked up their plan and it says it's $15 a month for the annual plan, is there another fee that I'm not seeing, like a verizon line fee or something like that which is why you stated $19.99 for the annual plan?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...TMAj1Ih38pCdtx3WTR_8w963KMRdiHRxoCURAQAvD_BwE

Todd E

Yes, it is up and running right now on a hog trap. I have it set on 6 updates a day. It will send me pix at 1130pm, next. I'm running VZW unit. Pay spypoint via app for plans. Hang on a second.......

Todd E

This is straight off my app where I pay for plan. First month is free unlimited on a new unit.
I guess my memory is getting bad. LoL. 15 and 25

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180320-224953.jpg
    Screenshot_20180320-224953.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 821