.45colt whats better?

trad1

Whats a better round for deer out of a Blackhawk .45colt a hollow point ot a semi-wadcutter round?

transfixer

I am of the opinion a hard cast lead semi wadcutter will penetrate better, should go through and through, which will mean a better blood trail , but it really would depend on the type of hollow point used, and how hot the load was. I'm using a SAA clone, so I can't do the hot loads like you can in a Ruger, I plan on using mine for Hogs if I have the chance, so I want maximum penetration.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I, too, am partial to the hard cast semi wad cutter in the .45. I want it to penetrate and pass thru. I don't like the HP because they tend to over expand, especially if you hit bone.

rosewood

Ditto

Larry Rooks

I use 2 bullets, and nothing else For years I have used the 255 gr Keith type SWC cast bullet without a failure on deer or hogs. I also use the Barnes XPB in 225 gr and it hammers them. Either will penetrate great and kill quickly

pacecars

Of the two I would use the semi-wadcutter. I have used hard cast LBT style bullets with great success and would recommend that style over either