Canoe Trip; Buffalo River in Lobelville, TN

Nautical Son

I got to experience the Buffalo finally, also got to do battle with some smallies...The water was up a little due to heavy thunderstorms the day before, and it wasn't as clear as I had anticipated...we did a 5 hour float, that took 7 with all of the stops we made on the shoals, there was a constant flow of other groups floating down river to escape the heat...and apparently consume large quantities of Bud light, entertaining is the best way to describe it..We had 3 canoes and a yak, and everyone caught at least 2 fish, no really big ones. I didn't get any pics on the river as it was too risky, new iPhones aren't cheap enough yet...I did some wading in what they call a creek and managed several nice smallies and plenty of dinks...I'll add those pics shortly since they are on my phone...
Guess I can cross smallmouth off on my caught list...only 3921 more species to go...:rofl:
Cost of trip:
Non Resident 3 day(no trout) $16.50
Gas (for the truck-roundtrip) $86.00
New tackle for smallies $30
Canoe Rental $33
Hanging out with my sister on her favorite river----
Y'all know that price....

Nautical Son

Been trying to upload the pics all morning, apparently the technical difficulties are outside of my pay grade...admin has been notified....:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe