The forum redirects to uber

DeerHunterTom

When ever I go to GON forum on my I-pad it automatically redirects to uber.com and it does not let me x it out. Anybody have any ideas why and what I can do about it? Thanks

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
It's doing it to me like crazy. It's also been going to draft kinds alot lately too.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Forest Grump

Adblock will solve that problem.

https://adblockplus.org/

I appreciate your solution, but it requires iOS 9.0 or later, in all versions that I can find, & I can no longer upgrade that high. I would have to purchase a new iPad, just to get on here. Are you sure you guys can't fix this problem? Where do you think it comes from (as others have pointed out in other threads, this is not an issue on most other sites; although it seems it is growing, as ad-hackers expand their trade). Is there a reason you guys have been an apparently easier target? Since we are not redirected to your advertisers' sites, it seems they would be as miffed as we are?

Is it the server managers you contract with, or are the ads themselves hacked/compromised?

XJfire75

It's doing it like crazy for me. Why not fix it instead of me having to download an app?

It's won't even let me reload the page I was trying to go to.

I wanna read the LFTT thread bit okay some Stupid bubble burst game!

gahunter12

I keep getting Uber, and redirected to Words w/ Friends, Draft Kings, and a few others.

PappyHoel

In order to successfully navigate the forum you have to turn off java script or use a browser that blocks ads. It's really a shame because GON needs ad revenue to prosper but everyone is forced to block their intrusive ads. Try the ghostery app browser. But I can turn off Java script that works too.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
The only solution I've found is disabling JavaScript.. It's a pain but it's the only way I can view the forum from my phone.

PappyHoel

I appreciate your solution, but it requires iOS 9.0 or later, in all versions that I can find, & I can no longer upgrade that high. I would have to purchase a new iPad, just to get on here. Are you sure you guys can't fix this problem? Where do you think it comes from (as others have pointed out in other threads, this is not an issue on most other sites; although it seems it is growing, as ad-hackers expand their trade). Is there a reason you guys have been an apparently easier target? Since we are not redirected to your advertisers' sites, it seems they would be as miffed as we are?

Is it the server managers you contract with, or are the ads themselves hacked/compromised?

Turn off Java script in your advanced safari settings. It works

Forest Grump

Turn off Java script in your advanced safari settings. It works

I understand that will work, but since virtually every other site uses java script, it is too much trouble to me to have to go turn it off to be on here, then back on when I log off, everytime, as often as I get on here. If I have to go to that much effort everytime, I think I'd just stop hanging here.

Since other sites don't have this issue, it has to be something that can be fixed on the backend, or the Admins ought to shift to a different service provider. I know it must be frustrating to them too, if only having to deal with all these griping threads.:facepalm:

Thank you for the suggestion though.:cheers:

Mars

I have the same problem on my S4 using Chrome. It's extremely frustrating to open a thread and be redirected to an add. Then when I try to go back, it jumps back to the forum section not the post I wanted to read.

Randy

Something different has happened. This is frustrating and unless it is fixed, I won't be able to contribute to GON anymore. Not that anybody cares but.....

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I appreciate your solution, but it requires iOS 9.0 or later, in all versions that I can find, & I can no longer upgrade that high.

Nope. I'm on a 4S with IOS 7.1.2 and was able to download Adblocker for IOS from the App store.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
The Networker sent me a PM the other day saying the problem has been fixed. I replied telling him thanks but I was no longer having issues. Now I'm back to having issues and sent him a pm stating this but haven't heard back from him. Any word on nailing down a permanent solution?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Any word on nailing down a permanent solution?

Yes. They are working on both a short term fix and a long term solution.

Latest posts