LPN moving to GA

Slugg

I'm an LPN moving to Covington GA and have an interview in Rockdale County this Monday. Unfortunately, it is only 24 hrs a week right now. I'm coming from out of state, so I'm not really sure how easy or difficult it is to find a position in that area. I'm hoping that once I finish training at the new facility there will be a full time position available, but if one isn't in the near future I'll be looking for another part time position to make up to around 40. I'm an Army Reservist and don't need the benefits of a full-time at the moment because the company I'm going to be part time with allows part timers to use their 401k ect. So, do you guys know if this will be a challenge?

What major facilities should I look into applying at in that area? I've been an LPN since 2012 and have been working as a jail nurse for roughly 14 months.

FF-Emt Diver

I have no idea about that area in particular, but I can tell you that pretty much any healthcare job in Ga are a dime a dozen....From Jails, prisons, clinics, Nursing homes, retirement homes, hospitals.....You should be able to get a job easily.

Slugg

Don't settle for this offer. There are tons of nursing jobs in ga.

Well, training is roughly a month long of full time. When they called me for the interview I let them know and I will remind them at the interview this morning that I really want full time. I'm going to hope that a full time becomes available within my month of training.

Thank you all for the info on the matter. I was really worrying I'd get stuck in a new location without finding work. I'm coming from the MetroDetroit area so unemployment is a little high and a big worry here in the community as a whole.

olcop

Check the Sunday edition of the Atlanta Journal and Constitution, when I lived in the Atlanta area, there were about 10 pages of want ads looking for nurses and medical professionals every week.
Good Luck and welcome to the Peach State.
olcop

lungbuster123

Not sure how you would feel about working in a prison or jail but check with local law enforcement and the department of corrections we always need nurses! If it's something you might want to check into let me know and i'll talk with some of the nurses at the prison and see who you can get in touch with. Just shoot me a PM if your interested.

Last edited: