2006 Honda Recon 250-what can I expect?

LCT

Hey guys. How much do you think the Honda place in Gainesville will charge to replace a starter? I had someone at my camp help me put in a new carb a couple months ago and it worked well but I had to pull the rope. Now that wont work either....

thanks, LCT

transfixer

They will charge at least an hour labor, plus the starter, you're probably looking at between $200-$300.00, the starter is easy to change yourself, and if you have an auto electric place close to you that rebuilds starters and alternators they probably can fix it for you. I had the starter on my son's Suzuki Ozark rebuilt and it cost me $20.00. Or you can find one on Ebay for around $40

1gr8bldr

Can you see it, LOL. If you can get to it, no problem. I recently replaced one on another type 4 wheeler. It was a pain... big time.

transfixer

Can you see it, LOL. If you can get to it, no problem. I recently replaced one on another type 4 wheeler. It was a pain... big time.

Those Recon's are pretty simple, not complicated like some of the bigger ones, if memory serves me right I think its fairly easy to get to , on the right side of the four wheeler. Should only be one battery cable, and mounted with two 10mm headed bolts.

CC Rider

Find somewhere else to take it! GMS is horrible. I took my foreman there. They said two weeks and I'd have it back. Kept it five weeks. Wouldn't return calls. I finally went to get my four wheeler and they said they couldn't find anything wrong. The shop foreman drove it the day I dropped it off and knew what was wrong with it, five weeks later I got a different answer. I'll not go back, ever.

LCT

Thanks!! I was wondering what their service was like. I'm kind of stuck as I am a complete moron when it comes to fixing things myself.

95g atl

I installed a new starter on my Honda Recon earlier in the year.
Wasn't terribly difficult.

What part of town are you in???

LCT

l live in Cumming. I just dont have the expertise to fix anything! I can fish and hunt with the best of em but I cant fix crap.
Thanks for the link Lonewolf!

chadf

Very simple fix

Have you checked the fuse ?

LCT

I have not checked the fuse. Didnt know about that? Told ya! Man card lost. LOL.