plumbing quote

snookdoctor

I think the same thing. Barely a plumber job. This may be why the price quote was so high. They may not really want to mess with it but, for a price, they will.

I am just going to do the job. The job itself has got to be less aggravation than getting quotes.
Then, I know I will get what I pay for. :)

Sounds like the right move.
Just remember one thing in order to do the job right. Make sure you wear your belt very loosely, and wear a t-shirt that is way too short. Knees straight and bend at the waist.:fine:

AugustaDawg

I think the same thing. Barely a plumber job. This may be why the price quote was so high. They may not really want to mess with it but, for a price, they will.

I am just going to do the job. The job itself has got to be less aggravation than getting quotes.
Then, I know I will get what I pay for. :)

You have answered your own question. There is no money in it, and he has already wasted an hour on the estimate. This is a really easy job you should be able to handle yourself.

LTZ25

For $750.00 you should have the sink on hand and let the pro do the work , if you are wanting to pay $150.00 then you have to supervise the job and hope he don't burn your house down when a draft sucks the torch flame inside the wall . I couldn't Stand to work for Homeowners myself .

660griz

For $750.00 you should have the sink on hand and let the pro do the work , if you are wanting to pay $150.00 then you have to supervise the job and hope he don't burn your house down when a draft sucks the torch flame inside the wall . I couldn't Stand to work for Homeowners myself .

I had the sink on hand and he asked if we wanted him to hook the sink up too. I said no, just split the drain in the wall. Can't imagine what the bill would have been to install a couple faucets and hook it all up.

Lukikus2

Copper or cpvc water lines? That can affect the price. You can also use a dual stop so you don't have to run separate water lines. Same with the waste if it was roughed in low enough.

660griz

Copper or cpvc water lines? That can affect the price. You can also use a dual stop so you don't have to run separate water lines. Same with the waste if it was roughed in low enough.

cpvc for the water lines. Replacing with plex. I just cut out the single drain. The wire pvc cutter worked great.
I have the new dual sanitary tee purchased. Just need to get a new short 45 degree and I should be good to go.
Cutting the studs without damaging the opposite wall is the trickiest. Multi-tool works but, slow and noisy. I may use my circular or sawz all to knock off some chunks.

If you already have everything exposed, do it yourself. I was a licensed journeyman plumber in Mass. I can assure you with everything exposed, take your time and dont rush, you are completely able to do this. The other guys are high-balling you because you DID expose the plumbing and that is quite a price deficit you cost them, so to make that up they are quoting high because you made their life easy.

95g atl

Y'all ever get tree cutting/trimming quotes? Same thing, i'm in the wrong business.

HVAC, Plumbers, Electricians........ should-a, would-a, could-a.