Financing ATVs/UTVs

I am looking at getting either a Honda recon or a linhai Yamaha. Which one would you go with? What are the financing terms.....how many years? What payments are expected with a 650+- credit score?

I don't know much about the linhai, but it costs $4999. That is half as much as the Polaris.

BeerThirty

I think they can get really creative with ATV loans. Have a buddy who was dead set on getting a Sportsman 500, problem was he was broke as all get out, still lives with his parents. I about spit my beer out when he told me he was still paying for it... Said he financed it on a 10-yr loan...

GoldDot40

You might wait another month...or at least until "shopping season" is officially under way. You might find some good financing promotions. I bought a brand new Honda ATV 3 years ago....Just paid it off actually. Got 0% financing for the duration of the loan through Honda.

PappyHoel

You might wait another month...or at least until "shopping season" is officially under way. You might find some good financing promotions. I bought a brand new Honda ATV 3 years ago....Just paid it off actually. Got 0% financing for the duration of the loan through Honda.

I didn't know they did that. That's not a bad idea.

naildrvr

You can finance just about anything now. If you can get 0%, go for it. Don't use your money if you can use someone else's for free. I bought my zero turn that way.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Check out southern. Honda in Chattanooga, you won't be there thier prices

T-N-T

Check out southern. Honda in Chattanooga, you won't be there thier prices

He means beat.
That's the cheapest dealer on Honda in the southeast. Proven over and over

Old Crusty

0% is not free money. If you make a cash offer you will get it $100's if not $1000's less than financing at 0%. They get their money one way or another.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Aint none of my business, but I would save up til I could pay cash for it. But that is just me.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Aint none of my business, but I would save up til I could pay cash for it. But that is just me.

yep, 4 wheeler is a lifestyle item. Borrowing for lifestyle is not the best option available.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
yep, 4 wheeler is a lifestyle item. Borrowing for lifestyle is not the best option available.

Unless you're in a situation to where you need an aging account. A 4 wheeler would not be a considerable amount of debt to add in order to add an aging account. I thought about financing a side by side because I only have one account now, my house. But I am still not convinced to finance just yet. Sort of hurts you if you dont use your credit.

GoldDot40

When i bought...1st thing I offered was cash. Said the price didn't change. So instead of writing such a big check that day, I just spread it out....AND it helped my credit even more.

Bought my zero turn mower the exact same way. Zero down....same as cash during the promo.

Thanks for the advice. But, I was able to get my recon up and going. So, she'll get me by until I pull the trigger on a side by side. I am leaning towards a side by side so I can hunt, and farm out of it.