Prices coming down on AR-15s.

Robert28

They have the model with the front sight post for $599 , but I prefer the configuration you posted. I have to keep telling myself I really don't need another one,, facepalm:

I saw that one too, they must have just added it that day. I have noticed they are posting stuff in the "daily deals" and you check that afternoon and you'll see something different that wasn't there that morning. I told myself I was set on AR's but then I bought a blem lower. Then I needed an upper when I saw it for $159 and had all the specs I wanted. Then I needed a bolt and found one cheaper than I'd ever seen it. Next thing you know I have a rifle sitting in my safe. :bounce:

T-N-T

I saw that one too, they must have just added it that day. I have noticed they are posting stuff in the "daily deals" and you check that afternoon and you'll see something different that wasn't there that morning. I told myself I was set on AR's but then I bought a blem lower. Then I needed an upper when I saw it for $159 and had all the specs I wanted. Then I needed a bolt and found one cheaper than I'd ever seen it. Next thing you know I have a rifle sitting in my safe. :bounce:
I don't see a problem.
Seems perfectly normal really.:D

Head East

Seems like a good price on that blindhog.

B

BornNRaised

I Saw 2 for 500 the other day but they were mail-in rebates still cheap though

B

BornNRaised

I just built a new AR from PSA and have a little more than $450 in it. Only reason it came in that high was I went with a nickel boron bolt (usually $99 by itself but bought a package deal with charging handle for $109) and bought their mil-spec carry handle ($79) (both had free shipping so I figured why not). I got the upper for $159 with 1:8 twist, mid length, 4150 cmv barrel, and the handguards had the nice heat shields in them instead of just plastic. Lower was a blem mil-spec for $129. I wanted a KISS rifle and that was the point of this build, no fancy doodads on it, it's basically stock as stock can get.

Why did you go with the carry handle? Looks?

PSA has some killer deals.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I am not so sure carry handles are for looks...sure makes a good hold for a hammer handle:huh:

Last edited:
B

BornNRaised

I am so sure carry handles are for looks...sure makes a good hold for a hammer handle:huh:

Ohh. I didnt know anyone actually carried their gun like that.

Sorry!!!

I don't have any hipster handles. :huh:

Jester896

Senior Clown
oops..there I fixed it.
I only have one myself...it was standard equipment on my Colt HBAR Match

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Saw a Bushmaster on sale the other day for $499, plus a $50 mail in rebate. If I can find the ad, I'll post it.

Robert28

Why did you go with the carry handle? Looks?

PSA has some killer deals.

Honestly, because I wasn't ready to buy a red dot yet. I have a Magpul mbus sight I got on a good deal for $36 for whenever I do get a red dot. I like the carry handle because I can shoot iron sights very well on most all rifles. It took me no time to get this sight dialed in and whenever I switch sights I can easily sell it. Every time PSA has them in stock they sell out fast for some reason.

leoparddog

When I was in the service we were issued the M16A1 with "the handle". I always shot the A1 really well with the iron sights. Now all my ARs are flat tops and with the flip up iron sights, they seem to be a bit lower over all than the old style sights. I have to get my face a lot lower on the stock and its not quite as comfortable. So I've given up on the aftermarket iron sights with the flat top ARs. Getting a scope mount that gets the scope the right height and far enough forward is a not optional. If the scope is just .5 inch too low, its much harder to shoot well.

So I guess I'll say I'm a fan of the carry handle mounted sights as originally designed

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
When I was in the service we were issued the M16A1 with "the handle". I always shot the A1 really well with the iron sights. Now all my ARs are flat tops and with the flip up iron sights, they seem to be a bit lower over all than the old style sights. I have to get my face a lot lower on the stock and its not quite as comfortable. So I've given up on the aftermarket iron sights with the flat top ARs. Getting a scope mount that gets the scope the right height and far enough forward is a not optional. If the scope is just .5 inch too low, its much harder to shoot well.

So I guess I'll say I'm a fan of the carry handle mounted sights as originally designed

These scope rings are made for flat top AR 15s. They are made so you have a perfect cheek weld with a 1" tube scope and you will be looking down the center of the scope lens.

gt40

PS: I have some like these on my M4.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 6.34.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 6.34.53 PM.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 68
  • P8010008.JPG
    P8010008.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 67

Jester896

Senior Clown
When I was in the service we were issued the M16A1 with "the handle".

weren't most of those fixed handles? The detachable ones seem to keep them versatile when swapping back and forth between fixed and optics....seems that BUIS rears are always in the way of something for me unless the are set up to co-witness.