High shoulder

Duckhawk05

I'm alittle bummed but believe he will live to be seen another day. I've been watching one of my target Bucks from an observation stand. I finally decided to move in on him, and he didn't disappoint. Came in last night and gave me a chip shot that I rushed in fear of being winded. I've never quite seen a head act like this one. It is a China hypo but it still shows you how tough these animals are...

Attachments

• IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 1,235

Kris87

I'm sorry to hear you lost him. I shot a doe about 4-5 years ago and hit her dead in the scapula(shoulder blade). Was shooting a 460gr arrow at 288fps topped with a Killzone. It did the exact same thing as your ferrule, bent it like a boomerang and it bounced backwards out of the deer when it hit. If I had not seen it happen with my own eyes, I don't know if I would have believed an arrow could bounce out of a deer. I kept the broadhead to show people.

So I don't know if y'all are familiar with John dudly, but he runs the nock on podcast. His last podcast he literally talked about why the Chinese hypos are as cheap as they are. Apartently rage contracted out the work to over seas and when they receive s the product, the metal hardness was not up to specs so to avoid putting those products on the market and pay for them. Rage sent back all the heads that didn't pass inspection and left that company to swap to a new one. To keep from loosing all that money the Chinese company put them on the market to help lessen the blow. That's the basic jist on why they exist for so cheap. I'm sure I left some stuff out but I would strongly recommend you go listen to him speak about it

2bbshot

All the time, sweat, money and practice I do year round in preparation there is NO WAY I would shot that flimsy junk on the end of my arrow. In the end that head is all you have and I'm not counting on anything like that. I will chop a shoulder in half like a meat clever was hurled through him. Tune your bow so it will shoot some Simmons Treesharks and if you do I guarantee you'll never shoot anything like that again. Its way to hard already. There are many other good heads as well.

Duckhawk05

Kris I would believe you now, that arrow hit loud and hard. But almost bounced off, when he spun out I was shocked to see all my arrow hanging out

rosewood

Nah, you guys didn't know, that deer is wearing the new body armor that you hear so much about, have to have a super wiz bang magnum caliber to kill one.

:)

Ihunt

So I don't know if y'all are familiar with John dudly, but he runs the nock on podcast. His last podcast he literally talked about why the Chinese hypos are as cheap as they are. Apartently rage contracted out the work to over seas and when they receive s the product, the metal hardness was not up to specs so to avoid putting those products on the market and pay for them. Rage sent back all the heads that didn't pass inspection and left that company to swap to a new one. To keep from loosing all that money the Chinese company put them on the market to help lessen the blow. That's the basic jist on why they exist for so cheap. I'm sure I left some stuff out but I would strongly recommend you go listen to him speak about it

I'm not calling you or Dudley a liar but those heads have been on the market for a couple of years now. If what you have repeated is true, just how many were made in the first place?

Personally, I just think they're making one for you and one for me.....

jfarrell30339

This times a million...

All the time, sweat, money and practice I do year round in preparation there is NO WAY I would shot that flimsy junk on the end of my arrow. In the end that head is all you have and I'm not counting on anything like that. I will chop a shoulder in half like a meat clever was hurled through him. Tune your bow so it will shoot some Simmons Treesharks and if you do I guarantee you'll never shoot anything like that again. Its way to hard already. There are many other good heads as well.

Amen!!!! With all the other time and money I put into this I would punch myself in the face before I'd use a knockoff.

DYI hunting

If you didn't trust Chinese knockoff solar eclipse glasses, why would you trust their knockoff broadheads? I don't see enough deer in bow range to chance it.

BowanaLee

Another reason not to buy Chinese knockoffs. I hate it for ya.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I've shot a few animals with them with great results , but not threw the shoulder , that's the best eating !

rvick

I track a lot of deer with (usually high) shoulder shots with shallow (8" or less) penetration. After long, fruitless tracks they usually show back up again.

Designasaurus

So why give the business to the Chinese knockoff sellers? In most instances there is a reason they are so much less expensive. Going this route hurts the US manufacturers who put time/$$ into their development and are trying to sell the legitimate products, as well as their suppliers and employees. There was an earlier post about Chinese knockoffs that I put my 2 cents on... I have spent my entire career in product development and have seen directly how difficult it is for US manufacturers to compete against offshore copycats. In fact, I have had my own designs ripped off to the extent they copied my instructions and packaging as well as the products themselves. I have been sued by companies making knockoffs that felt the original products (they copied) were an infringement on their business... Since international law, patents, or US law doesn't really protect domestic manufacturers from this abuse, it really is a question of personal ethics. I wouldn't compromise this myself for the $$ involved. If you chose to purchase stolen intellectual property, it is important to hold the companies that offer the knockoffs accountable to the same performance standards you expect for the products. Otherwise before long everything will be made offshore and be of inferior quality.

PappyHoel

So why give the business to the Chinese knockoff sellers? In most instances there is a reason they are so much less expensive. Going this route hurts the US manufacturers who put time/$$ into their development and are trying to sell the legitimate products, as well as their suppliers and employees. There was an earlier post about Chinese knockoffs that I put my 2 cents on... I have spent my entire career in product development and have seen directly how difficult it is for US manufacturers to compete against offshore copycats. In fact, I have had my own designs ripped off to the extent they copied my instructions and packaging as well as the products themselves. I have been sued by companies making knockoffs that felt the original products (they copied) were an infringement on their business... Since international law, patents, or US law doesn't really protect domestic manufacturers from this abuse, it really is a question of personal ethics. I wouldn't compromise this myself for the $$ involved. If you chose to purchase stolen intellectual property, it is important to hold the companies that offer the knockoffs accountable to the same performance standards you expect for the products. Otherwise before long everything will be made offshore and be of inferior quality.

Someone just spoke the truth