Peanut butter block

cleidus88

Well last night I tried to build a peanut butter block I mixed jar and a half of peanut butter, about 2 cups of peanuts, sugar, syrup and a little bit of sunflower seeds shelled. Turned on the oven to 400 back for 30 min. Then I put it on wax paper in the frig. Looks like a chunky peanut brownieThis morning I put it out in the food plot with cut apples so when I go out Wed or Thurs I'll let everyone know how it worked. Couldn't find a recipe so I started mixing stuff together. I'm in Florida so baiting is legal.

P.S. if anyone has a better peanut butter block recipe let me know I'll give it a try

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The squirrels and coons will be happy. Heck, I'd eat that myself. :)

sds008

I would like to know how it works for you. I put out a lot of peanut butter this year and my trail cam got a whole lot of coyotes. Six of them in one picture. Three of them took a dirt nap.

timgarside

Peanut butter and apple. Dang you catering a picnic? Leave a case of coke too Im on my way!

For real, it sounds like a pretty good attactant. Curious to see how it works for you.

cleidus88

Forgot about this post they loved it also put out a molasses, peanutbutter and brown sugar mix 2 days ago and they dug a hole out eating it

Dub

Dang forget the deer I want a piece of that. Sounds tasty.

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing!!!

I'd say you mixed up a good'n.

I bought one of the pre-made types from Walmart the other day to put out in front of a trailcam.

I think your's will work much, much better.:D

7Mag Hunter

Those deer are gonna have a massive "sugar high" or
Sugar Diabetes if you keep feeding that.....
Someone posted a link to some homemade deer attractants
a couple of days ago...Did your recipe come from it ????

cleidus88

made the 1st one up 2nd found on google
the big cans of peanut butter( the family size), two pounds of light brown sugar, and about a half gallon of molasses. just mix it all together and pour it in a shallow hole in the ground where ever you want it. i usually put mine out within thirty yds of a good deer trail.