House fly control

HermanMerman

Thought I read a thread here recently regarding house fly control, but I can't find it. We have a neighbor with a few feral hogs penned up and the flies hanging around our house are terrible. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to knock them back?

sinclair1

Probably not what you're looking for, but my granddad had a farm and put on a screened porch to give a first defense area to keep them from coming in the house.

HermanMerman

I have thought about that route for the porch, but the main issue is we have so many congregating around our trash can and in the garage. I'd be curious to hear about chemical applications to try. Thanks for the reply, though!

Bones

House Flies

Try getting 3 or 4 quart size freezer bags, fill half way up with water and 3 or 4 pennies and hang in the area where flies are giving you problems. I hang 2 bags at the skinnin rack and have minimal problems with flies.

Bones

rjcruiser

I saw on FB a person posted getting a mason jar and filling it up half way with syrup and then slicing a hot dog up into 8-10 small half moon shaped pieces and putting it in the jar. Then, with a hammer and nail, poke holes large enough for the flies to get in. Hang it outside away from the porch and they'll be attracted to it and it will trap them in it. Not sure if it works, but people were saying it did.

Katalee

Try tractor supply. they sell a kit to convert milk jugs to fly traps.and sell ready made ones for 5.99. work great I have one by my trashcans.and one by my shop.

Dialer

I saw on FB a person posted getting a mason jar and filling it up half way with syrup and then slicing a hot dog up into 8-10 small half moon shaped pieces and putting it in the jar. Then, with a hammer and nail, poke holes large enough for the flies to get in. Hang it outside away from the porch and they'll be attracted to it and it will trap them in it. Not sure if it works, but people were saying it did.

It does work, but don't make the holes TOO big.

Re-tired

Demon Spray for all insects!

I've been using a product called Demon. It comes with I think 4 packs in the bag. 1 per gallon of water in a pressure sprayer. I've used it inside & outside, no smell doesn't hurt animals and it Works. wolf spiders etc. You normally have to get it at a feed store. Good luck!