These ladies liked to got themselves killed for being under-gunned

Kendallbearden

Big spider lover
I practice AND carry Speer Gold Dots..124gr in my 9mm and 155gr in my .40. They perform well in every single ballistic test I've ever seen them in. I've dug them out of the backstop where I shoot and they expand perfectly every time that I've seen.

Yeah, gold dots are an excellent, reliable self defense round as well.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, Gold Dots or Rangers are the only ammo I tote in my carry guns. That video right there shows you the limitations of a 6-shot revolver in an actual gunfight, though. The Glock 23 I carry every day has 14 in it, and 13 more in my pocket. Even the little LC9 I sometimes carry holds eight, and seven more are in my pocket. If the daughter hadn't had had that little semi, this may have ended very differently.

WaltL1

Yep, Gold Dots or Rangers are the only ammo I tote in my carry guns. That video right there shows you the limitations of a 6-shot revolver in an actual gunfight, though. The Glock 23 I carry every day has 14 in it, and 13 more in my pocket. Even the little LC9 I sometimes carry holds eight, and seven more are in my pocket. If the daughter hadn't had had that little semi, this may have ended very differently.
That video right there shows you the limitations of a 6-shot revolver in an actual gunfight, though.
Not sure I agree.
If the lady with the revolver had a self defense class or two under her belt, the robber could have been dead or incapacitated several times over. There were several wasted shots and several opportunities for good shots that weren't taken.
But yeah, if you are going to limit yourself to 6 shots you better be able to make them all count in a high stress situation.

trial&error

keep shooting until empty or threat is removed. Hold onto empty gun it is still harder than your hand. If threat isn't gone begin your exit if feasible.