Arthritis....

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Had a great aunt that swore by soaking her joints with a white vinegar compress several times a day helped her regain walking after being told to use a wheelchair .

BeerThirty

Bummer. My grandfather's arthritis has really flared up over the past year. Despite him being almost 80, it's really hard to watch him go from an extremely active senior to hardly being able to move around the house since he's in so much pain. He has found nothing OTC or prescription that has helped.

jaybirdius

I have found relief taking 1500mg of Turmeric with Bioperene every morning. All natural with lots of other benefits and virtually no side effects. Make sure to get the certified all natural with no fillers. I have level 3 arthritis in both knees and shoulders. The cortisone injections only lasted about a month for me.

Lilly001

Keloprotin. The spelling may be a little off.
My FIL, a Pharmasist, recomends it in a 20% non greasy salve.
You will have to find someone who will mix it and most ins won't cover, but it shouldn't be expensive. And I don't believe it requires a script.
This is a topical that should last about 4 hours.
Again, this is from my FIL the Pharmasist, but I have used it successfully for shoulder pain that I used Lidocaine on previously.

RacinNut

Plain old Goody's Powders work for me.. The King gave me some Goody's at Charlotte in 1975 and I have been taking them since and they work for my pains.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Maybe some day it will be totally unbearable, till then I'll limit my choices I guess.

To each his own.

:cheers:

I'm talking about debilitating pain and an option to opioids.
If you still function, by all means go with the least required.

7Mag Hunter

I took 2 aleve daily for years, but in the last year have had to
go to prescription Celebrex.....Works better ...

I had injection in my wrist 2 mos ago and get Synvisc (x3)
injections in my right knee every 6 mos.....

rjcruiser

Go to an arthritis doctor. Seriously...at least they'll be able to help point you in the right direction and give you a diagnosis as to what type of arthritis you have.

The wife has RA and it is not good. She takes Humira shots that help a lot with it.

Also, diet is a huge factor in arthritis. Gluten and sugar are the biggest inflammatories along with red meat and dairy. Wipe those from your diet and you'll be much better off.

Arrow Flinger

I have it in almost all of my joints. Another problem with that is it acts as sandpaper on your joints and wears them out very quickly. Ive already had 2 shoulder, 2 knee surgeries that only gave temporary relief and need a hip replacement mainly due to arthritis. I haven't found anything that does much for the pain.

rayjay

I would nearly be an invalid if not for Celebrex. I was on Vioxx before that.

dslc6487

I am 72 years old and have had progressive osteoarthritis for about 20 years. Have had both knees replaced after having cortisone injections until they did not do any more good. Have it in my shoulders now and they tell me that all they can do is replace my shoulders. I ain't going there. I will just put up with the pain. There are a couple of things that help me. First, I stay as busy as I can and just work through the pain as much as I can. Also, there are a couple of prescription meds that have helped me a lot. I cannot take advil, aspirin, aleve or any NSAIS. They reap havoc on my stomach. There is a prescription gel called VOLTAREN that is good. You rub in on 3 times a day and it is good for a few hours. The other one is FLECTOR patches, they work really good. It is a sticky patch that I put on my shoulders at night and it is good for most of the next day. Begins to wear off around 4 or 5 the next afternoon, but they are real good. They are pretty expensive, but if you have insurance, it is not too bad. I am a 100% disabled veteran thanks to Uncle Sam and the Vietnam War and I get my medication from the VA. And, they provide me with the Voltaire gel. I have to buy the Flector patches, but they are well worth it. Hopes this helps some of you out there that can't take meds by mouth.