Franklin County Young Farmers Auction March 3

K80Shooter

I didn't know you could pre register. Can you do it on Thursday?

It won't offend me if y'all eat at Bar H. They have some good food too.

According to the flier you can any day the week of check in, in short yes.

95g atl

I need a cultipacker (like a seed/bed roller). 5-7 feet is ideal.
Don't wanna make a trip up there for nothing, do they have a list of equipment for sale?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
they don't know what they are going to get until it is unloaded. There will be some pictures up, but the best way to find out is to go look, or have someone that is close let you know what is there. My neighbor is a member of the Young Farmers and he normally lets me know what they are bringing in.

I have seen several cultipackers there over the years, but you never know what will show up.

I saw a nice Cat loader sell there last year cheap. Like 20k cheap

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
remind me of it the end of that week and I will ask Brian if they have any cultipackers in down there. He works the checkin, so he should know

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I need a cultipacker (like a seed/bed roller). 5-7 feet is ideal.
Don't wanna make a trip up there for nothing, do they have a list of equipment for sale?

You wouldn’t be making the trip for nothing most likely. They will have some stuff you will want. Best bring your trailer just in case.

95g atl

You wouldn’t be making the trip for nothing most likely. They will have some stuff you will want. Best bring your trailer just in case.

LOl. I have everything minus a cultipacker. That's the only thing on my list I need. :)

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
LOl. I have everything minus a cultipacker. That's the only thing on my list I need. :)

nah.... it will do you good to hang out with Pappy and Milkman for a while, even if you don't find that cultipacker you need.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

This sale is much more than farm equipment. Lots of odd and end household stuff, shop and lawn equipment, ATVs and golf carts, you can’t really describe this sale you have to experience it.

nah.... it will do you good to hang out with Pappy and Milkman for a while, even if you don't find that cultipacker you need.

Agreed

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

Did you see the cultipacker for sale in the market place?
In the equipment section

95g atl

darn, no i didn't see that until now. 900 isn't a bad deal if it works and good shape. Concord means i have to travel thru atlanta. yuck.

well.........
as luck would have it I found a 6' Bush Hog brand Pulverizer in Braselton. Gave 450 for it. Think I did good.
Couldn't pass up a plow for an additional 200.

I'm happy

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
darn, no i didn't see that until now. 900 isn't a bad deal if it works and good shape. Concord means i have to travel thru atlanta. yuck.

well.........
as luck would have it I found a 6' Bush Hog brand Pulverizer in Braselton. Gave 450 for it. Think I did good.
Couldn't pass up a plow for an additional 200.

I'm happy

Yep. You would fit in fine at the auction. You stated a couple of days ago that all you needed was a cultipacker. But you bought two items that are not cultipacker.
Welcome to the addiction

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I NEED a grapple for my new tractor. Bad.

My wife confuses my need for the want of a new toy, but I keep telling her how that grapple will help cleaning up the trees behind the house the storm took out.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

My wife confuses my need for the want of a new toy, but I keep telling her how that grapple will help cleaning up the trees behind the house the storm took out.

I humbly suggest that if you were to make that a need at the farm or the business both she and the CPA would be more agreeable ?

K80Shooter

Make sure to get a good one, they are worth their weight in gold......... I wouldn't tell that to the guy I was buying it from though.

95g atl

Yep. You would fit in fine at the auction. You stated a couple of days ago that all you needed was a cultipacker. But you bought two items that are not cultipacker.
Welcome to the addiction

YUP......!!!
Tractor part addiction is much better than the car addiction I am trying to break.
Couple years back it was the glock addiction.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I've got a Coleman Pop-up I would like to sell. Do you think it would do well there ? Thanks !

you never know. All you need is 2 guys that want it, and bidding against each other.

I don't think I have ever seen a camper there of any kind though.

GIII

Hey Pappy or Milkman are yall still planning on going? If so where do yall meet? I would like to look for some implements.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I am planning on being there. The auction starts at 9am. I will probably be sitting at the tables behind the registration desk around 8:30, and then back in for lunch around 11:30, depending on if they are close to auctioning anything I am interested in shortly.

We probably ought to figure out a GON sign or something to know each other, or at least mark a table.