Ossabaw Island

Hunter/Mason

Good luck to everyone, I drew but won’t be going due to lack of hogs. There were more killed on the Last February hunt than all of this year so far. Went w my son on the youth hunt and saw only 4 and we hunted hard. My nephew killed 1 of those as we were letting the boys stalk. All 4 we’re together and my nephew got the drop before my son was ready. Last February my brother drew and killed 10 by himself. Last February I tagged along w my brother to help drag and camp w him. We saw about 100 hogs and brought back all 10 he killed.

Dan30257

I’m out here now. 32 hunters on the January hunt, and 15 pigs were killed. I’ll post a report tomorrow evening after we get back to camp and settled.

trhankinson

47 hunters checked In as of Thursday evening. So far there have been about 15 hogs accounted for. There are 9 hanging in the cooler. I’ve talked a a few that have killed and left them laying for whatever reason. I’ve killed 4 so far. There’s one general area of about three stands that has been on pigs all day and yesterday. The pigs are still here just not as numerous as before

Dan30257

Good luck to everyone, I drew but won’t be going due to lack of hogs. There were more killed on the Last February hunt than all of this year so far. Went w my son on the youth hunt and saw only 4 and we hunted hard. My nephew killed 1 of those as we were letting the boys stalk. All 4 we’re together and my nephew got the drop before my son was ready. Last February my brother drew and killed 10 by himself. Last February I tagged along w my brother to help drag and camp w him. We saw about 100 hogs and brought back all 10 he killed.

Well, you’re missing out. Sure there aren’t the numbers there used to have been, but I personally saw 4 yesterday and shot 2. My buddy in the zone next to me saw 10+ and killed 4. There’s some hogs (7 or 8) in the cooler, and that’s just day one.

You have to put some miles down to get them, but they’re here still. Just short of 10 miles on my gps yesterday. They are still here. Heard a bunch of peeps saying “no hogs,” worried me too. Glad I came.

tlee22

Make sure you take some pic and share with everyone. Glad you are having a great time and knocking down some pork.