Gwinnett County Buck

Derek

I work near Bass Pro in Duluth and drive home everyday going past the entrance to Sugar Loaf Country Club....about a half mile past it on the left there is about 25 acres that is not developed and there is a ol grown up weed field...I see deer there all the time and almost ran over a decent little 8 pt back during the rut....well last night coming home a saw what looked to be a buck chasin a doe so I pulled over and it was....it was a nice 8 pt with 10inch g2's and g3's with about a 17 inch spread....he would chase her for a minute then stop and eat a little....they were about 50yds from the road. Guess the 2nd rut is kickin in in Gwinnett.....the property is owned by Duke Weeks so I will try and get the number and see if I can bow hunt there....

WISH ME LUCK.....

BOWHUNTER!

Man, you are gonna have to keep that kinda info a secret. I guarantee you, someone is gonna try or already has beaten you to it. Deer hunters are ruthless....:biggrin2:

60Grit

Man, you are gonna have to keep that kinda info a secret. I guarantee you, someone is gonna try or already has beaten you to it. Deer hunters are ruthless....:biggrin2:

Exactly where was that again???::ke: ::ke: :D

WTM45

I remember when all of that land off Old Peachtree Road was owned by the Rollins family. I remember when it was at one time a part of the Eastern Airlines pilot's retirement fund investments. No one ever dreamed it would be as it is today. Sugarloaf? Ha! Sugar Hill was all we knew that sounded like that!
I have seen some good deer in that area over the years. The genetics are there.

stev

Banned
I been there .Im only a couple minutes from there .hehehe

Greene728

I work near Bass Pro in Duluth and drive home everyday going past the entrance to Sugar Loaf Country Club....about a half mile past it on the left there is about 25 acres that is not developed and there is a ol grown up weed field...I see deer there all the time and almost ran over a decent little 8 pt back during the rut....well last night coming home a saw what looked to be a buck chasin a doe so I pulled over and it was....it was a nice 8 pt with 10inch g2's and g3's with about a 17 inch spread....he would chase her for a minute then stop and eat a little....they were about 50yds from the road. Guess the 2nd rut is kickin in in Gwinnett.....the property is owned by Duke Weeks so I will try and get the number and see if I can bow hunt there....

WISH ME LUCK.....
Good luck and ask ole Duke if I can go with ya!:rofl: