Fawn???

jmartin7654

Red tailed hawk facing away from the camera. Their tail feathers are two toned. Orange closer to the body, darker toward the tip of the feather. It looks like the head of the bird is what other people think is a fawn's ear. If a fawn or doe walked in there, I would think your trail cam would've caught that.

six

Looks like a bird attacking a fawn to me.

Flaustin1

Red Shouldered Hawk just shortly after he caught a rat or something. They tend to cover their pray right after the catch. You can bet on it.

huckhgh

I could post another pic tonight to give us a size reference?

I think the pic is a fawn looking over his shoulder but have tried to see a bird/hawk and just can't.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I see a fawn as I described above.

But..... since you only have the one picture the hawk theory is more logical. He landed and was gone before the camera reset for the next image.

What wait period between shots was the camera set for?

shakey gizzard

Its a hawk! You can see the back of its head and neck above the 'what looks like a fawn looking over its shoulder.:)

huckhgh

I've got it set to snap 3 pics, wait a minute, then 3 more.

That's the reason I had my doubts it's a fawn. I just got the one picture and then nothing in the next 2 photos.

smokeeater465

Red tailed hawk that has just landed on something. Has wings spread out and is bending down to take a bite or something, facing right. I see distinct primary feathers of the right wing closest to the camera.