Public hunting land north ga

mph

Hey all

I have been hunting public land for yrs with not much luck,taylors ridge,dry creek area.
Just wondering where some of you guys hunt on public land,and have some luck,it just seems every place i hunt is so pressured and i never see deer until i get in the truck and drive down the road.
Is there any land left that hold deer and arent pressured to death in north ga. It seems these days,if you dont have private land or you are on a club,you are just hoping to see deer when you go to the woods.
All feed back welcome on this matter,and good place to try and hunt would be aprreeciated.

bilgerat

Senior
ck out the Cohutta wilderness area and if you walk enough away from the road there is no pressure at all. 40000+ acres to get away {or get lost} on.

raghorn

I've been hunting the same areas you mentioned this year with no success. I've seen 1 deer all year. If you are looking for public land that can be hunted the entire season you pretty well named all that I know of in this area.....:huh:

sav308

know of one very small place, i don't remember the name. but it was in bartow county , off of ccc rd , don't even know if it's still there or not. it held deer very well. no pressure at all then!

raghorn

sav308 said:
know of one very small place, i don't remember the name. but it was in bartow county , off of ccc rd , don't even know if it's still there or not. it held deer very well. no pressure at all then!
If you happen to remember I sure would be interested in checking it out.

Coastie

The Chatahoochee National Forest is 800,000 acres of public land in north Georgia. A portion of it is in WMAs and it has a number of private holdings interspersed across its width, but much of it is excellent hunting. Go to the U.S. Forest Service information booth nearest your home and pick up a map of the general area and then begin refining your selection from there. There are many areas that don't see a hunter all year around here and all it takes is a little research and effort to locate a good spot. It would also be helpful if you would suggest an area that would be convenient for you, north Georgia is a big place.