Rabun

Seems to be good acorns in much of the county especially high. But I have found a few spots at lower elevation with relatively few (including one of my go to spots). Cameras have been running for a couple months and while I have the fewest deer pictures in years, I have by far the most bear pictures I have ever had.

goshenmountainman

Same with me, have 3 times more bear than deer. And plenty of acorns, hardly any deer sign and plenty of bear and I haven't seen a deer but have seen plenty of bear. My buddy shot a really big buck yesterday, we couldn't find it. There was no deer sign there but plenty of bear sign and the deer was still in full velvet.

GTHunter

Man I wish I could find one of these bears that yall have on camera. I've been up on old Lake Burton the last two weekends hunting hard for a bear (or deer or hog), but I have not seen anything bigger than a squirrel. There are an unreal number of acorns up there and the full moon isn't helping. I have found plenty of piles of scat and a dozen or so climbed and broken trees, but none of them look less than a week old. It is tough hunting so far.

Still seeing the same pattern lots of acorns high. Had a close encounter with a bear at about 3200 feet last evening. Hunting this morning in the lower elevations and again seeing few acorns.

goshenmountainman

Finally found some deer sign at about 3000 ft. No rubs , just tracks and droppings. Sat there yesterday evening and two nice eights came in at 7 o'clock, connected on a nice eight. Didn't get home till 12 o'clock, gotta love hunting these hills up here.

Nice work, they were traveling together? Pictute? I gave a bear a haircut day before yesterday but have not seen a buck since archery opened.

QUOTE=goshenmountainman;10365219]Finally found some deer sign at about 3000 ft. No rubs , just tracks and droppings. Sat there yesterday evening and two nice eights came in at 7 o'clock, connected on a nice eight. Didn't get home till 12 o'clock, gotta love hunting these hills up here.[/QUOTE]

Smoke?

Hey,

I am hunting near the dam on Lake Rabun from 12/2 to 12/4. How bad is the smoke from the fires? Has it changed the hunting any?