Help a brother out

I know how wma hunting is. I'm not asking for any secret spots. With that being said I'm going to be working during the week in Columbus GA and will usually be off around 4:30. Are there any WMA in that area that are not quota hunts. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!

Why? I'm honestly wondering if there are any places around there that are non quota hunts.....

DSGB

Most of the ones within a reasonable distance have quota hunts to start the season. Hannahatchee is the only one that is not, but it’s a good hour drive. Chattahoochee Fall Line- Blackjack area is open, but it’s archery only.

Big Lazer
Q50 Mar. 24-Apr. 1 s | Apr. 7-15 s |
Apr. 21-29 s
General Hunt: Apr. 30-May 15 s

Blanton Creek
Q35 Mar. 24-Apr. 1 s | Apr. 7-15 s
General Hunt: Apr. 16-May 15 s

Chattahoochee Fall Line – Alamo Tract
Q50 Mar. 24-Apr. 1 s | Apr. 7-15 s
l Hunt and Learn: Apr. 20-22 s
General Hunt: Apr. 30 – May 15 s

Chattahoochee Fall Line – Blackjack Crossing (archery only)
Mar. 24 – Apr. 19 s Apr. 23 – May 15 s

Chattahoochee Fall Line – Ft. Perry
Q15 Mar. 24-26 s | Apr. 6-8 s
Q15 C Youth Hunt: Mar. 30- Apr. 1 s
l Hunt and Learn: Apr. 20-22 s
General Hunt: May 12-15 s

Hannahatchee
Mar. 24-May 15 s

Standing Boy Creek
Q10 C Youth Hunt: Mar. 24-Apr. 1 s | Apr. 7-15 s
Q10 Archery Only: Apr. 21-29 s

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Blanton creek would be my choice , good luck !

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Hanahatchee isn't far from Columbus. I have deer hunted there and my dad hunted there a lot back in the early eighties. Lots of deer and turkeys. I have done some preseason scouting there received you myself and found some sign.

Big Lazer Creek WMA is one that we hunted a lot when I was younger. Lots of turkeys there.

I don't know how much public land hunting you have done but the number one obstacle to success that most people have hunting WMAs is laziness. Most folks just don't want to have do much walking so they never get near the best hunting. I have had people swear to me that there just aren't many deer or turkeys at the two places I just named. I know for a fact that they are there. But they ain't a short walk from the truck and that eliminates a lot of people.

Thanks guys. Yeah all I've hunted the past 6 years is public land so I understand the challenges. Always hunted south ga. Never been up there and was wondering about the places up there because all I could find was quota hunts. Thanks