Bullet choice for my 270 WSM

clearview

Hello TigerGalLe
Nice Buck in your Avatar.
Nosler Accubonds hold together and expand really good in the deer I have shot with them and make a big exit hole leaving a good blood trail if needed. Winchester loads them in their premium line and even moly coat them for not as much barrel fouling.
In the Winchester 180 gr. Accubonds, I usually get groups around 3/4 to 7/8 of an inch.

Bigmonk96

touching on this old thread/post --

I recently traded for a Browning BAR Short Trac in 270WSM, topped with a "Japan" Nikon Monarch 2.5X10X42 scope -- came with (1) box Winchester 130gr. Ballistic Silvertip & (1) box Winchester 130gr. Power Core __ just ordered a box of the Federal Vital Shock 140gr. Trophy Copper -- will be awhile till I can get to the range ( just had rotator-cuff surgery**) - was wondering if any more thoughts ? / use of this caliper over the last 10 years ??? The Trophy Copper ammo had great reviews,but was $$pricey ( only reason I bought it, was my BPS rewards points & free shipping*) -- I have always shot 130gr. in my 270., but with the 270WSM,you can push the 140gr. just about as fast, with a little more "zap"** -- as always,shot placement will make em' dead either way*-- this also is the first time using the "copper boolits" __ Nosler Partitions & Hornady SST,have always been my go to favorites,with zero regrets^^ thanks, Monk:flag:

Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
for factory loads mine liked Federal 140s and I think they were Partitions...not real fond of that bullet but it shot well. I load GameKings in mine and wouldn't hesitate to use Accubonds.

SC Hunter

Dub that's what I shot in my 270wsm last year and it was rough on deer.

Latest posts