Interrupted Rib cook

Stackem

I had some babybacks on my camp chef last night doing a 3-2-1 cook but hit a snag at the end of the 3 hrs. Lost power and could not finish. Got the ribs off and went straight into the fridge. Question to you guys is will it be safe to finish them today. They smoked the 3 hrs at a about 225. Let me know what you think. I sure hate to loose them.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Should be fine. Just get them to your target tenderness.

Stackem

Thanks Pay...... going to take them into work for the crew. Didnt want to put everyone out on sick leavefacepalm:

GA1dad

The funny thing is,,, they could wind up being the best ribs ever,,, you just never know. Sounds like you handled everything in a "food safe" way,,, I think you'll be fine.

buckrub

You can finish them in the oven if you need to. I halfway smoke stuff all the time on the weekends so I can finish them in the oven during the week when I'm rushed for time. No worries whatsoever as long as you go from the grill to the fridge in a reasonable amount of time.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, they'll be fine.

Stackem

Guys i am trying to post pics but i think i have reached the top of my smoking career. Ribs turned to be the best i have ever attempted. Thanks to all you guys for encouragement and support. Its amazing how much we relate and feed off each other through a forum. Thanks again and i hope to meet alot of you fellas one day