achy knee again

Gaswamp

Just hasn't been a good spring for me since my fall off the ladder. Hadn't got my limit and especially haven't been able to take kids hunting except youth weekend. My knee finally stopped aching this week so decided to give it a whirl this morning. Got on a hot bird that probably gobbled over 100 times. gave him some tough love treatment with a Mann made box. pulled the trigger at 7:40. Bird had 1 1/8 spurs, 20 1/2 pounds, and 10 inch beard. 12gauge 2 3/4 #6's. Course by the time I walked out my knee was throbbing. Back to the ice and advils.

Attachments

• DSCN0556 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSCN0556 (600 x 450).jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 696

nick_o_demus

Just hasn't been a good spring for me since my fall off the ladder. Hadn't got my limit and especially haven't been able to take kids hunting except youth weekend. My knee finally stopped aching this week so decided to give it a whirl this morning. Got on a hot bird that probably gobbled over 100 times. gave him some tough love treatment with a Mann made box. pulled the trigger at 7:40. Bird had 1 1/8 spurs, 20 1/2 pounds, and 10 inch beard. 12gauge 2 3/4 #6's. Course by the time I walked out my knee was throbbing. Back to the ice and advils.

Congrats! I'd take the pain for a good bird like that. Hope your knee feels better soon. Maybe a little Rare Breed would take the edge off?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Gaswamp, first off congrats on a fine bird with a very handsome box call!
A couple weeks ago I brought my brother after some gobblers and we came up on this little yard wide branch. Well I jumped it and landed on the other side and my right knee been achin tiered ever since!!! Man!!!!!!
I hope we get better and can stretch our legs!!!

wvdawg

Staff member
Awesome bird Joe - glad you made it out there - congrats!

Gaswamp

Congrats! I'd take the pain for a good bird like that. Hope your knee feels better soon. Maybe a little Rare Breed would take the edge off?

probably would but I'm more of a cold beer guy.

Steve Roberts

Way to get it done Joe!!! Even with a achy knee it's still mo better than work!!! Congrats :cheers:

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sounds like an exciting hunt for sure - nothing better than hearing them really tear it up like that! Great pic too!

Congrats and I hope you get well soon.

Gaswamp

thanks guys....Its hurting pretty good this morning. Think I might have to go see the orthapaedic dr agn soon.

Gaswamp

thanks guys....Its hurting pretty good this morning. Think I might have to go see the orthapaedic dr agn soon.

cortizone shot did miracles...hopefully it will hold me for a few years.

Steve Roberts

cortizone shot did miracles...hopefully it will hold me for a few years.

Joe I hope it does because a hurting knee, and turkey hunting don't mix!!! I had one a couple a years ago.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Joe, that's good news. File this article away for future reference. It was published earlier this month and has some interesting observations and findings about some types of knee surgeries and what they can and can't do. I jammed my knee two bird seasons ago and went to an orthopedist who no longer did surgery because of his age. I didn't want some young hotshot thinking he needed to operate. Glad I had a conservative course of treatment without surgery. No problems since.
Gil
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/well/live/what-i-wish-id-known-about-my-knees.html?_r=0

Highland

Feel ya pain!

Sorry to hear about your knee. While chasing the bird this spring I blew out my knee and now I am looking at replacement the last of August. Hope to be back at full strength in the spring.

Gaswamp

Joe, that's good news. File this article away for future reference. It was published earlier this month and has some interesting observations and findings about some types of knee surgeries and what they can and can't do. I jammed my knee two bird seasons ago and went to an orthopedist who no longer did surgery because of his age. I didn't want some young hotshot thinking he needed to operate. Glad I had a conservative course of treatment without surgery. No problems since.
Gil
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/well/live/what-i-wish-id-known-about-my-knees.html?_r=0

very good article Gil....makes me feel good that my doctor suggested putting surgery off as long as possible.