RV Share?

ssramage

Anyone ever rented through RV Share?

I have a weekend trip coming up in a few weeks to take my son on his first real camping trip. I have been planning on tent camping with my oldest son (4 years old) and would have my wife and 2 month old drive over during the day. After finding a few campers locally on RV Share for less than $100/day, I've considered just renting a small RV for the weekend so that everyone can stay overnight.

T-N-T

Never done it. But sounds reasonable to me. And gets you all out there together.
Have fun!

normaldave

GON Weatherman
I haven't used RV share specifically, but I have rented campers twice, through Craigslist, and internet search. Both ended up being good experiences. Money well spent, since I quickly discovered what I did and didn't like about both types of campers, and what best fit my family.

First, I had reserved a popup, but at the last minute they had an issue, and replaced it with a traditional travel trailer. It was a good faith gesture on their part, but really too big for us and the tow rig. Next, rented a popup from a dealer in SC for a beach trip. It was a great solution, but ultimately determined it wasn't a good long term fit for our family either.

Better to spend a few dollars now, than thousands on something that really isn't a good fit. Make the best out of tent camping, I think everyone needs to start that way. We ultimately ended up building a cargo trailer conversion/gear hauler for our family, and still use it after most of the kids are gone to college.

Edit: not sure what direction you are headed, but I just remembered where the popup rental place was. It was an outstanding dealer and business experience. If I was in the market to buy, I'd sure be talking to them, and if I needed to rent anywhere near that area, no question, I'd go by there first.
http://www.trailcenter.com/charleston-rv-rentals

Last edited: