Saltwater Ducks Savannah

LRDIII

New to posting. However in little Ogeechee River this morning going trout fishing I saw several ducks. Most were black in color. I know the season starts soon, so my question is can you legally hunt these? Are they tasty? Roughly 12 or so we're seen right at daybreak.

Attachments

• IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,316

fishtail

Can’t quite make out what they were.
Probably Mergansers.
Yes you can hunt them and eat them.
They taste great!!

Duckbuster82

If they were black, they were either scooters or commerants. One you can hunt one you can't. Both don't taste good.

MudDucker

Staff member
Fished gulf coast and other than water turkeys, no real ducks. Yankees ain't frozen yet, unless you look at the RV parks, which are jammed already with snow birds. Too bad the ducks don't follow them!

jasper181

Divers usually make my season around that neck of the woods, they aren't the best table fair but they are fun. There are redheads and blue bills in the panhandle near pcb already.

jasper181

Hunted the marsh today and was actually quite surprised, especially for around my neck of the woods. Managed to scratch a drake ringer, a few hen bwt and the cherry on top was a pair of Wigeon. Saw some bluebills but they never even looked our way.