Clybel

bowbuck

On the first of Nov. quota hunt there was lots of hogs near Fox Lake and west of there. Good luck kill em all.

oldfatbubba

On the first of Nov. quota hunt there was lots of hogs near Fox Lake and west of there. Good luck kill em all.

You are likely to find find fresh sign on the west side of Boyle Lake # 5, but I've never seen a live hog on Clybel in 7 years of small game hunting.

bowbuck

You are likely to find find fresh sign on the west side of Boyle Lake # 5, but I've never seen a live hog on Clybel in 7 years of small game hunting.

My hunting partner passed up about 15 in that area one evening. The next morning I walked up on them a short distance from the parking area. Probably the same bunch. They just stood there before leaving slowly. YMMV.

BBond

That's a name on Google Earth that is wrong. google Earth has some weird names for those lakes.

Looking at Google Earth it appears that what they call Boyd's Lake number five is in reality "Fox Lake"

panfish

Never made it out there. But I'm taking Friday off so I'm going then.. Hopefully I'll see some.

oldfatbubba

I was at Clybel late Sat morning and found plenty of fresh sign at the north end of the property near the creek, but no hogs. The key is to start early.

Got one on 12/23

I walked up on 4 piglets about 60 lbs each, got one on 12/23/17, perfect timing as I smoked it for Christmas dinner. They were north of Fox lake eating on edge of the green field about 9:00 AM. It was an easy couldn't miss 10 yard shot :)

oldfatbubba

I walked up on 4 piglets about 60 lbs each, got one on 12/23/17, perfect timing as I smoked it for Christmas dinner. They were north of Fox lake eating on edge of the green field about 9:00 AM. It was an easy couldn't miss 10 yard shot :)

What caliber / cartridge did you use?