Common theme...

The Fever

Man, I am watching these boys drop deer with the rifle and posting pictures. So few of them are smiling. Not even a look of happiness. So I went to the bowhunter kill thread and Nearly all of them are smiling or look happy. (Except for MCNASTY....not sure whats wrong with that guy)

Thoughts as to why this might be? I have my opinion but I will wait and let the comments set the tone.

NugeForPres

To me the satisfaction is much greater when you get 'er done with the bow!

bowhunterdavid

years ago I lost my zeal to rifle hunt if I could see it I could kill it , been bow only for years now, and I always smile when I get one, I think you should hunt with what ever makes you happy. Kids should start out with a rifle are they will get frustrated will quick if they bow hunt, not all kids but most will, I see some young kids on here with bow kills, and that's awesome but most cant hold it together if they see one, each to there on but if I get to where im not able to pull a bow back anymore, I might break out the 308.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
They are disgusted with themselves for using a more efficent weapon than a bow to kill a deer. :huh:

MCNASTY

Man, I am watching these boys drop deer with the rifle and posting pictures. So few of them are smiling. Not even a look of happiness. So I went to the bowhunter kill thread and Nearly all of them are smiling or look happy. (Except for MCNASTY....not sure whats wrong with that guy)

Thoughts as to why this might be? I have my opinion but I will wait and let the comments set the tone.

Lol, my fiancé asked me why I didn't smile in my kill pics. Can't really explain it, I guess it's like smiling for a team football photo. Believe me fever I am very happy when I kill any deer.

deast1988

Fever is a symptom of Ebola....... :huh::huh::huh:

H

Hammer Spank

I smile in my pictures but my bow kills are with real bows........not compound arrow launchers. :fine::fine::fine::fine:

Flame away boys:yeah:

DuckArrow

I smile in my pictures but my bow kills are with real bows........not compound arrow launchers. :fine::fine::fine::fine:

Flame away boys:yeah:

NO firing back from me. Compounds are hard enough to kill them with. Hats off to the traditional guys!!

Alan in GA

bow hunting.....

I never claimed specifically to be 'bow ONLY', it just happens.
I did not join a club after years of belonging to one or another clubs. I got permission to hunt a 15 acre piece of land 5 minutes from the house. Then another section of land 15 minutes from the house. Both in archery only Cobb County. I've never missed out on gun hunting as it seems to me it's become [to me], just a 'gun, it's done' hunt. Now I would gun hunt again if an opportunity came up, but even the last few years in gun clubs I took the bow to the stand most of the time!

I just don't miss hunting with my guns, but still enjoy range trips and target shooting, varmint shooting in Montana, etc.

To me there is a LOT more thrill when I am bow hunting deer!
ARCHERY HAPPENS!

Latest posts