Looking for something different

Powerline

I traded into a brand new Leupold VX-3 4x12 AO . Now I want something different to put under it . I have one or five of Rem, Savage, FN Model 70, Ruger bolt rifles except Brownings. Any recommendations on something different?

Lilly001

Try a TC Encore. Lots of options both rifle and handgun. Also shotgun.
Some take a little work to get shooting good, but all of mine shoot great.
Or if you want smaller try a Contender. Rifle or pistol. Same deal.

I have three and have not found that to be true. I love mine and consider them to be one of the most beautiful and classic rifles in current production. Cant say the same about an Encore. No offense intended.

mossyoakpro

The Remington Model 700 light tactical 308 would make a fine host for that scope...little heavy but if you only hunt from a stand then it works perfectly.

Powerline

I have already experienced the Encore and will never do that again. When will Ruger annouce the 2015 cartridges that the number 1 will be chambered in ?? Looks like the light model is in .280 this year , I like that one ....

I believe they will announce the new chamberings around the first of the year if I remember correctly. There are always good used ones around. I've never had a .280 but methinks it would be a fine round in a 1A.

GAHUNTER60

That's a very good medium/high-power scope and deserves a nice rifle under it. Me, I'd be the first on my block to own a CZ American in 7mm Mag., which would be a 500 yard elk/mule deer gun with a single set trigger.

Klondike

So I know 100% I will own a Ruger #1 in the next 5 years - just need to see a cartridge I like so I think that is a great choice.

Sounds like you are chock full of bolt guns so how about a lever? With a scope like that I would go with something outside a 30-30 or 45/70 (if you don't own one of those yet get one - you feel like John Wayne walking into the woods!). Marlin makes a 308 and a 338 Marlin express (or 35 Remington). Yes you probably want to reload those but if you want something different thats a nice ticket.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Put a Browning BAR under it. I have a Safari 30-06 which is a freezer filler.

gt40

Attachments

• 30-06 BAR .JPG
    30-06 BAR .JPG
    265 KB · Views: 114