rem 1100 breech bolt buffer

Dbender

I have an rem 1100 that isn't firing consistently. I took it apart and at the rear of the bolt it has a milky whitish nylon bushing ( breech/bolt buffer) that is broken in two.

I am Assuming this is my problem. Where can I find a direct replacement? Searching online has only produced parts that don't have two holes in the piece only one in the very center.

I checked with an online gun part supplier but the girl wasn't sure if it had two holes or if it was even the correct part. Will I have to drill the hole for the retaining pin on the new part? thanks for any help.

jglenn

as far as I know the Remington replacement part does not have the 2nd hole drill as it's a multi gun part.

I'd also suggest you change out your gas ring as this is quite often the issue on an 1100

Brownells carries both parts

Jester896

Senior Clown
This part?

Number 14 in the schematic kind of looks like it has 2 small holes in it on the front side...it is a factory part

I don't see it on the Brownell's schematic on a regular 1100 just the special field in 12 ga

Jester896

Senior Clown
curious as to why the schematic doesn't show the pin myself ...or is it the 45 part?