Batting 1000

Baby Bear

All right I finally got to go test out the yard sale set up that I bought:banana: We went to Cleveland, GA over the weekend and there was a small pond at the campsite that we were at. Saturday morning was the first time ever to hit the water with a fly and after about 10 minutes I landed my first fly fish. Sorry I did not get a picture:(, it was no record but a respectable blue gill non the less. I was just tickled:fine:. I did try again Sunday morning early but no deal with the fishies, although on the way back to the camp site an older gentle man did complement on the very fine casting form that I had. :huh:I was thinking to myself either he is trying to encourage someone that is hopeless or he didn't have his glasses on on couldn't see because of the fog:rofl: Any way it was a great feeling to catch one on the first expedition.

I really need to learn how to make the false foward cast without hitting the water, but I know it will come with time and practice. I have picked up alot watching lessons on You Tube.

Thanks for reading,

Jeff

Latest posts