Illegal Baiting

Greg49

Well the last couple of weeks I have taken my brother who has never hunted hunting lol. Well I set him on a good scrape and rub trail and I went about 150 yds from him on the edge of a pine thicket where deer have been bedding. He sends me a txt saying he is hearing a clacking noise in another section of pines so I went to investigate and hope to may be run some thing his way . Well I got about 50 yrds from where I was sitting and what I found infuriated me . I found what I consider to be bait carrots potatoes and green apples in a pile on a logging road we ended up leaving early didn't need that over our heads and it is on public land what a dummy hope he gets busted :whip:

Greg49

LOL I hear ya but thats what they did I also foud regurge from a deer coen seeds acorns and well a chewed up plastic bag

Greg49

Well a update on the baiting thing talked to DNR and found out that there is a lot of baiting going on so who ever is doing it lol I don't want to be in his shoes

H

Hammer Spank

Well a update on the baiting thing talked to DNR and found out that there is a lot of baiting going on so who ever is doing it lol I don't want to be in his shoes

This is GA. Nothing will happen.

fishnfool

Ok I'll be the one! What was the clacking noise?
And we'll call the bait pot roast rage! Wildgame nation boys will be all over this!

mattuga

Banned
You cannot bait at all on public land from what I understand. With that in mind you should call it in, if he was baiting on public land there should be a charge available. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. If you could bait public land it would be a negative thing based on my limited knowledge of the way bad apples (bad people) treat public land. I hunt mainly private but just curious on the every changing law and even worse the way DNR enforces said unclear laws. You would be amazed at how little some DNR officers know hunting laws but even worse outside of deer. I have had more than one ask me what species duck I shot...after seeing the dead duck.

Greg49

not sure on the clacking noise but this new dnr we have here well he does not seem to be fond of lazy hunters and is looking to catch the fool doing it I know that one location he has watched for over a month but it semed the person dumping corn on lee mountain never returned just dumped and split

That is called a "Diversion" Or "Throw Down" ! I heard of a fellow a few years ago who hunted around Lafayette, Georgia who would set up a bait location-call it in-well ---you get the rest !

Wayne D Davis

Found bait (corn) on Shefield WMA

Its really sad people cant hunt deer without dumping corn on public (wma's). This is a archery only area with several DNR planted food plots already. Dec 1st, just before the break at Sheffield I stumbled across this.