6 LB Lanier walleye

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bluebacks are the sword of death for walleye and white bass.

Cashvaluerecovery

Walleye spawn in shoals in rivers, so BB shouldn't hurt the walleye spawn.

FM

My friend there are several places I fish the walleye spawn so far up river I have to drag my kayak where I can catch blue back herring with a minnow bucket net.

I high doubt eggs or fry survive. Its why the white bass are basically done in lanier.

Cmp1

BANNED
Why were they introduced there? For the stripes? I guess I don't get it,,,, there is nothing like that, that goes on up here,,,, especially if someone knew what the BBs would do,,,, someone explain this to me,,,,

Backlasher82

Why were they introduced there? For the stripes? I guess I don't get it,,,, there is nothing like that, that goes on up here,,,, especially if someone knew what the BBs would do,,,, someone explain this to me,,,,

Bluebacks were introduced illegally, DNR didn't stock them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The same geniuses who thought that introducing spotted bass to every lake in the area would help them make money off their tournaments also thought that introducing bluebacks would be a great idea. It wasn't.

Cmp1

BANNED
The same geniuses who thought that introducing spotted bass to every lake in the area would help them make money off their tournaments also thought that introducing bluebacks would be a great idea. It wasn't.

Was there ever any consequences for them doing this?

Big7

The Oracle
Time to go on the "invasive species" rant again.

So, if folks had not been sneaking an invasive species
(Blue Backs) to catch LAND LOCKED Stripes (that don't belong here),
we wouldn't be having this conversation.

When the white perch catch on, and they are here, it's pretty much over for everything
except big blues and flatheads (flat heads are not native either) but they do eat good.