Redneck repair

longbowdave1

The winter snow and ice caused a small leak in my camper which is beached in the North Woods. The blades on the ceiling fan got wet enough to warp the imitation wood. The motor is fine, blades are bad. Time to make some new blades.

Had to add the redneck touch to my mobile man cave. I cut out 4 new blades from some Birch plywood using the old blade as a pattern. Figured I need camo on the new ones! I found an old camo shirt that was retired from service to recycle the fabric. Laid down a bed of glue, pressed in the shirt parts and let it dry for several hours. Then, rubbed in another layer of glue on the finished side, and let it dry over night. Trimmed the edges with a sharp file, a bit of sanding touch up on the edges of the blades, then sprayed on 6 coats of spar urethane on the blades.

I'll put the new blades on the fan on my next trip north. Maybe on low speed, I'll be able to hear the leaves rustle in the camo pattern. LOL

Attachments

• Camo fan Blades and T blind 003.jpg
    Camo fan Blades and T blind 003.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 834
  • Camo fan Blades and T blind 004.jpg
    Camo fan Blades and T blind 004.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 844
  • Camo fan Blades and T blind 005.jpg
    Camo fan Blades and T blind 005.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 832
  • Camo fan Blades and T blind 006.jpg
    Camo fan Blades and T blind 006.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 838
  • Camo fan Blades and T blind 007.jpg
    Camo fan Blades and T blind 007.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 834
  • Camo fan Blades and T blind 008.jpg
    Camo fan Blades and T blind 008.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 837
  • Camo fan Blades and T blind 009.jpg
    Camo fan Blades and T blind 009.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 838

walkinboss01

They look good

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice restoration! Good job!

Anvil Head

Watch your noggin........you'll never see 'em coming!

Next thing we know you'll be running an extension cord out to your stand.

10mmhunter

Hey I call this a fine example of redneck ingenuity! Job well done.

longbowdave1

Thanks guys, glad you liked the project. By the way, my wife said the camo blade conversions are now allowed on the fans in my house, LOL. And she says I have no taste, hmmmmmph. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

bronco611

Looks like the man knows how to bring out the red neck in all of us, I like it also! By the way what are you doing with a ceiling fan in a camper? Larry the cable guy must be your neighbor.

longbowdave1

Looks like the man knows how to bring out the red neck in all of us, I like it also! By the way what are you doing with a ceiling fan in a camper? Larry the cable guy must be your neighbor.

The camper is an old 30 foot travel trailer. The previous owner installed it in the bedroom area. Awesome move on his part, feels great on the warm summer nights. It does give a new meaning to crawling into and out of bed. About 5 ft 10 inch head clearance, and a lot less when sitting on the bed. :huh: