Looking for old fishing rod holders

Davis31052

I'm looking for a set of old rod holders like my grand dad had on his old fair lane back in the 70's. Best I can remember they were made of diecast alum or zinc.

They attached to the drip rails above each door. 4 of them, one above each door, and had a short looped spring that would stretch over the holder and secure the poles. They allowed you to carry long cane poles.

Anyone know about these? No luck on a Google image search for me.

Davis31052

Outside mount, on cars back when they had a drip rail. Looked like a small pipe rack that could fit maybe 4-5 cane poles.

Anvil Head

I remember those, real old school. Best bet would be to check out a few of the old hardware/feed-seed and bait shops off the beaten path, backroads stuff. Wish you luck in finding some. Might could use some pvc pipe and a hair dryer and try to shape your own (not as hard as it sounds). Play around with some cheap to experiment with.

I just recently got my grandkids to try out the canes instead of their push buttons after I showed them I could catch three for every one they caught (with a cane). Nothing simpler or easier to use.

NOYDB

BANNED
If you are going to try to fabricate your own. A good source of drip rail attachment fittings might be car carrier parts. Sacrificing a car carrier might get you what you need.