Redfin Pike

Anyone been doing any creek fishing for Redfin? Wondering if anyone's catching any? Out of town and just checking in to find out how it's going.

OleHickory

I have went twice in about a two week span before all the rain and caught a small mess each time. I hope to get back after them a little harder next week.

billp

We went twice before the rain and limited out each time but they were smaller than usual. Only went because creek was drying up and we wanted to see if there were any fins in it. Should be good after the creek goes back down.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Somebody post a pic!

Deepcreekdawg

All small this year so far... and not many. Here are couple of good ones from few years back.

Attachments

• 5688.jpg
    5688.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 433
  • 5685.jpg
    5685.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 428

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I need to read up more on these critters. Looks like they'd be fun to catch.

Any advice on what type of waters to find them in and lures to use? Chain Pickerel is the closest thing I've ever caught that looks like that, and it was an accident.

Cmp1

BANNED
Up here we would call them hammer handles,,,, no redfins up here,,,, lots of Northerns though,,,, try a buzzbait for them,,,, they work for Northerns,,,, should work for redfins too,,,,

Hey ya'll! Should be home in another month up in Arkansas right now working. I should have some pics to post of the little Toothy Buggers after I get home. My boy's are ready to go. Anyone want to make a drive to the outskirts of a little South Georgia town pm me and maybe we can make it happen. Come Redfin Pike fishing with the Rooster!