????????

jimmy ballard jr

If a Dam is ARHA and the Sire is AKC how would on register the litter, or if the Sire was ARHA and the Dam was AKC how would one register the litter? Would there be a problem in registering them AKC????:huh:

mlandrum

You cannot go the AKC route only the ARHA -UKC------ Think that's right :pop: Hope I'm wrong on this one !!!!!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
You cannot go the AKC route only the ARHA -UKC------ Think that's right :pop: Hope I'm wrong on this one !!!!!

Nope you're not wrong.Get both registered with the NKC and you can register the litter if you want to.If both are not AKC registered then you cannot register the litter with AKC.

Cottontail

Jimmy a feller told me one time a dog registered only arha/nkc is just like having a grade dog.

mlandrum

Let's remember, Registraitions are for good bloodline book keeping:cool: It is easier to get a dog registered ARHA but that does NOT mean it is a lesser dog than AKC---- Only the dog can prove that:fine: When we look at each other ( Man to Man) we have a tendancy to say this dog is better than that dog or my dog is higher class than your dog :bounce:based on the AKC and /or ARHA----- The bloodline might look greater on paper , but the only way to tell which dog is a better hunter than the other is put them in pen or hunting situation and see what happens :D I have 4 AKC Oak Hills and two ARHA's and as far as the bloodline on paper They are ALL six look GREAT, but the reason I used them to put my pack together is cause they can run the SNOT out of a Rabbit-----Just my 2-Cents worth---- Runnim Boys and keep your papers under lock & Key !!!!!:pop:

Cottontail

I don't have any trouble with my AKC dogs running a rabbit and as for higher class the AKC dogs bring double the money of a NKC/ARHA hound even if there equal in the field. It's getting hard to give a puppy away less there AKC registered.

jimmy ballard jr

Cottontail, of all people i thought you would be the last person to say such a thing my friend!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: Just like color dont run a rabbit, papers dont either! Now you have a valid point yes sir indeed, and you have every right to feel the way you do, but what about others who arent into all that fancy smancy crap that just want a steady rabbitdog that will get the job done??????:pop:

gemcgrew

The problem with AKC is that I have enough AKC papers to cover every hound in my kennel. I choose not to do that but other folks do.

Cottontail

Jimmy like i said before my akc dogs will run a rabbit as good as any nkc or grade dog i myself don't own any grade dogs and will not have them in my kennel. As long as i'm buying the feed they will be none here. If other's like grade dogs/NKC that's great but there not for me. AKC also has all colors and shapes sizes and speed. I wish folks would shread all papers that are not in use thats how papers end up on diffrent dogs. Least there DNA.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The problem with AKC is that I have enough AKC papers to cover every hound in my kennel. I choose not to do that but other folks do.

DNA has bit a few people hard. I know of a case where a Champions papers got pulled. I would not have wanted to be on the recieving end of the fall out when the other owners got notice their papers were being pulled as a result.

Here's a look at some false record fall out.

http://www.akc.org/about/depts/investigations.cfm/

http://www.thedogpress.com/ClubNews/SUSPENDED-Current.asp

mlandrum

Now Cotton Tail, My pups were sold LONG before they were born:smash: in fact I need about 100 more pups from that GRADE-ARHA-NKC " ZOEY" and I could RETIRE and Run nothing but Cane-Cutter till I die :rofl: You must have had a senior moment to make that statement-------Anyways you said you would not own anything But AKC, though all three dogs I bought from you were high class $$$$$ , which I'm not gripping they were WELL Worth the $400 each !!!!!! Now that is your PREFRRENCE not the Law of a HUNTING DOG OJT:pop: Surley because an AKC Bloodline and that same dog is Registered ARHA, you're saying her AHRA is not as good as the AKC Papers????? Now we both know those same two pieces of papercould've come from the same Pine Tree ,Ole Buddy Ole Pal !!!:pop2:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
AKC also has all colors and shapes sizes and speed.Least there DNA.

I don't understand that statement one bit because grade dogs are no different than AKC dogs.They are beagles.They come in all shapes,sizes and speed.Maybe you need to get out of the house and hit the trial circuit and run against a few in the ARHA.I've been beat by grade dogs before and so has that dog we both like so much that got beat in the runoff by one that happen to go on and win the runoff.AKC dogs are no better than grade dogs just in the eye of the beholder.

gemcgrew

DNA has bit a few people hard.

Very few.

I am a fan of AKC and other registries as well. I think we would agree that the majority, perhaps the vast majority, of AKC papers are tainted somewhere down the line. DNA is the only solution but we do not have samples from the hounds of the past. We would have to start somewhere and every hound would have to be profiled. Not going to happen.

gemcgrew

they were WELL Worth the $400 each !!!!!!

That is all that matters in my book! I have paid just as much for a solid grade hound as I have for a solid AKC hound. As far as rabbit dogs, I bet there are more quality grade hounds out there than AKC.

Cottontail

282 how many grade dogs do you own ?? How many AKC dogs do you own?? I'm not downing grade dogs i just buy and raise what i like. 282 how many have you bought and paid big money for that are not AKC registered?? I'm not talking $400.00 i'm talking a $1000.00 or more. Preacher the 3 you bought were the only 3 that i owned that were not akc. I guarantee if they were they would still be here.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
2 grades 15 registered.Nothing wrong with raising what you like but after what I have seen grade beagles are no different than AKC UKC or whatever registry has paperwork.They are all beagles.AKC doesn't have all shapes,color,sizes and speed.The breed comes in it.The registry doesn't make it.As I stated that's why I didn't understand your earlier staement.

gemcgrew

I'm not downing grade dogs i just buy and raise what i like.

I think we all appreciate a rabbit dog no matter the registry.

Larry, how about this Saturday I run my red grade female with your red AKC male. We can video and show here in the forum. We may be able to talk Brandon into judging. :rofl::rofl:

Cottontail

Ray i was referring to Jimmy we were talking about color not running a rabbit. I said akc dogs come in all shapes and sizes and all diffrent colors meaning i could find an AKC dog to fit whatever type of hound i needed. AKC bred beagles come short tall fast slow, medium, tri color red, bluetick and on and on...

bethelpreacher

stupidity

stupidity comes in all colors too :rofl: I got rabbit dogs :fine: all got papers :biggrin2: i put the papers in the briars and they run no rabbit :crazy: unloaded the pack and here he go :shoot: here he go. Keep wasting you time arguing over papers while I enjoy beagling JMO:yeah:

Last edited:

Cottontail

Glenn that sounds good all but the judge !!! LOL Fireball is outta shape but i guarantee he wont be in the back unless Brandon is judging then he will pick him up!!!