Deer cleaning station............

SC Hunter

Looks good to me! I've seen some very nice ones and seen some that were so bad that I didnt want to hang a deer from them!!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Seen it done several ways. Some have 2 posts in the ground with a spacer ( actually just a shorter post with 2 outside posts being taller) in between them for the lever pole to be able to fit in the middle and move.

Also seen a single post with 2 pieces of flat bar welded to the sides at the top to make the "ears" that cradle the lifting pole.

On ours, we had a heavy piece of square tube, so we just notched it out so the pole would fit in the center at about 5 ' high, then we ran the bolt throught both to hold it in place. The lifting pole is about 13 or 14 feet long with the gambrel end being the shorter side - on 13' pole I'd put about 5.5 on gambrel end and 7.5 on the other end.
A hook is welded about 2' from the bottom of the lifting end and a 5 or 6' chain is fastened to the post. The chain and hook hold the pole at the desired height when the deer is lifted.

A lot faster that a boat winch and you can weigh a deer, unhook the scales, and lift it right back up without all the cranking etc.- Long pole makes it easy for even the smallest person to lift the largest deer or hog. No bruised or broke knuckles from a run-away winch handle.

Very smart Jay! I'll remember this for when I need to build one.

Coach Hank

Here's how mine turned out. It's 12' tall x 8' wide to the inside. Now just need the time to hang something on it!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1450 2.jpg
    IMG_1450 2.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 353

Hit-n-Miss

Guys I built mine today...

What do you think?
Looks good. I would add a pulley on top and a hand boat winch. Going thru an eyebolt you have to put way more pressure than the deer weighs to get it up. You can even add a piece of chain attached to the bottom and winch it out of the skin after you get it started good.