"2012 Official Miami Football thread"

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Note: There will be an official thread for every team that has a big enough following here on GON. Most of us regulars have been here long enough to know who cheers for who and what not. These threads are meant for the fans of that school... That being said you can post in these threads if you are not for that school, just make make sure it is in a positive way. There will be no trash or smack talk tolerated.... This is your warning... and violators will be dealt with swiftly. Only one thread per team, any others found will be deleted once they are found. We enjoy the smack talk at times from rivals and such but these thread will not be used for that purpose..Carry on in the other threads as you wish as long as it's within the forum rules. We want the forum members to have a place to go talk about their football team without having to deal with smack talk from rival fans. We can all hold off of the nonsense in these threads, there are plenty of others for that types stuff. Infractions will be issued for any nonsense. Consider these threads to be like the "On Topic" forum and treat them as such.

tjl1388

If I don't log on for a couple days this thread will be 3 pages back.:rofl:

tjl1388

saw this on tweeter

Manny Navarro‏@Manny_Navarro

Davie Western coach Rashad West said #UM OG Jonathan Feliciano called him and said: "This Duke Johnson guy is unreal."

tjl1388

TJ, has Sentenial showed up yet? Heard he skipped the first day.

Yes, he came back yesterday.

He had a close family friend die in Minn. so it was an excused absence.

He is supposedly in the best shape of his career and finally motivated to work.

He is down to a svelt 6'8" 360lbs.....

Rebel Yell

Banned

If he can get it together, he'll be a beast. If the passing game can be average, Duke will have a good year. He's not ready to shoulder the load yet, but he'll be a great change of pace.

tjl1388

If the passing game can be average, Duke will have a good year. He's not ready to shoulder the load yet, but he'll be a great change of pace.

I haven't seen a more heralded recruit in a looong time at UM.

Kid has been tearing it up at practice.

Duke Johnson
attachment.php

Rebel Yell

Banned
I haven't seen a more heralded recruit in a looong time at UM.

Kid has been tearing it up at practice.

Duke Johnson
attachment.php

Still gonna be a downgrade from Miller, though. At least in year one. Johnson and Hooward will be the duct tape that could hold that program together for the next 3 years.

LanierSpots

Thats actually good to hear. Some of the reporters were trying to turn his absence into more drama. He has had a rocky path. Hope he lives up to his ranking. He was a beast in high school

tjl1388

Still gonna be a downgrade from Miller, though. At least in year one. Johnson and Hooward will be the duct tape that could hold that program together for the next 3 years.

I'll agree with you for the moment on the downgrade until I can see Duke against competition but from what I've seen so far the kid is legit.

For what Miller had in pure insane speed he lacked in vision and moves in traffic. He was very easily knocked out of the lane and off of his feet. That being said he is stupid fast and that can solve a majority of other issues....fast, pun intended.

Duke never gets hit solid and his vision is Emmit like. He sees a hole before it develops and is through it with 4.3 speed. If you can't tell, I haven't been this excited about a recruit in a long time.

Howard is also the real deal....so much that he is aleady running with the 1st team 4 days into practice. The day I watched practice he was yelling out the recievers routes...before they ran them. He knows the defense and is not afraid to be a leader. Not bad for a true freshman.

Rebel Yell

Banned
I'll agree with you for the moment on the downgrade until I can see Duke against competition but from what I've seen so far the kid is legit.

For what Miller had in pure insane speed he lacked in vision and moves in traffic. He was very easily knocked out of the lane and off of his feet. That being said he is stupid fast and that can solve a majority of other issues....fast, pun intended.

Duke never gets hit solid and his vision is Emmit like. He sees a hole before it develops and is through it with 4.3 speed. If you can't tell, I haven't been this excited about a recruit in a long time.

Howard is also the real deal....so much that he is aleady running with the 1st team 4 days into practice. The day I watched practice he was yelling out the recievers routes...before they ran them. He knows the defense and is not afraid to be a leader. Not bad for a true freshman.

Duke needs to put on some man weight, but that will come. With Reid gone, I REALLY wish we had gotten Howard.

tjl1388

Duke needs to put on some man weight, but that will come. With Reid gone, I REALLY wish we had gotten Howard.

Right now he's tipping the scales at 190 and ran a 4.38 at the testing Monday.

Dude has been putting in work in the offseason.:cool:

Howard was ALL uF before Golden turned him, I don't thing FSu was ever in the equation.

Rebel Yell

Banned
Right now he's tipping the scales at 190 and ran a 4.38 at the testing Monday.

Dude has been putting in work in the offseason.:cool:

Howard was ALL uF before Golden turned him, I don't thing FSu was ever in the equation.

There were a few rumblings, but never anything solid. I'd rather y'all have him than UF. No offense, but he doesn't hurt us as much at Miami.

tjl1388

Figured I would post this here as well.

at Boston College Win
If not for Japicky Harris throwing 4ints we would have beat them last year.

at Kansas State Win/Lose
UM should have beat them last year, being that KState plays very good at home this one could go either way.

Bethune Cookman Win
Their band is better than ours...and that's where the comparisons stop.

at Georgia Tech Win
They haven't beat us in 3yrs, option is old news in Coral Gables. Plus, it's in Atlanta, there will be just as many Canes as Calculators at the game.....and we bring hotter coeds.

North Carolina State Win
Home game, we win a close one.

Notre Dame in Chicago, Loss
This is essentially a home game for the irish. UM doesn't have the horses yet.

North Carolina Win
The NCAA will have more employees at the stadium than football fans. New coach, program in disaray, UM win.

Florida State Loss
This one really could go either way. On paper it is a FSu blowout but how often has the Nole/Cane rivalry mattered on paper? Can't wait for this one. Probably a Nole win.

Virginia Tech Win/Loss
Another one that could go either way. Injuries and emotional state from previous week will be a big deal in this one.

at Virginia Win
Thorn in our side for years.....not anymore.

uSF Win
It's uSF and it's at home.

at Duke Win
It isn't exactly Cameron indoor we're walking into....

That's 7-8 wins not counting the maybe's and we are always good for a suprise win every now and then.

What can I say, I'm an optimist and I am drinking the Al Golden Koolaid.
attachment.php

Last edited:

tjl1388

Schnellenberger said he recently took in a trip to Miami, the program he led to a national championship in 1983, to watch second-year coach Al Golden's team practice.

His observation: "That's the best-looking squad I've ever seen in my life physically including the Miami Dolphins, the University of Alabama, anybody. In 56 years of coaching, they looked better physically than anyone I've ever seen. They're young, but I think he's due for a real breakout. I don't know what everybody's expecting, but I expect them to be "darn" good."

I found this pretty interesting.:cool:

I do take this with a pretty large grain of salt as ole Schnelly is about 145yrs old...

KrazieJacket95

Figured I would post this here as well.

at Boston College Win
If not for Japicky Harris throwing 4ints we would have beat them last year.

at Kansas State Win/Lose
UM should have beat them last year, being that KState plays very good at home this one could go either way.

Bethune Cookman Win
Their band is better than ours...and that's where the comparisons stop.

at Georgia Tech Win
They haven't beat us in 3yrs, option is old news in Coral Gables. Plus, it's in Atlanta, there will be just as many Canes as Calculators at the game.....and we bring hotter coeds.

North Carolina State Win
Home game, we win a close one.

Notre Dame in Chicago, Loss
This is essentially a home game for the irish. UM doesn't have the horses yet.

North Carolina Win
The NCAA will have more employees at the stadium than football fans. New coach, program in disaray, UM win.

Florida State Loss
This one really could go either way. On paper it is a FSu blowout but how often has the Nole/Cane rivalry mattered on paper? Can't wait for this one. Probably a Nole win.

Virginia Tech Win/Loss
Another one that could go either way. Injuries and emotional state from previous week will be a big deal in this one.

at Virginia Win
Thorn in our side for years.....not anymore.

uSF Win
It's uSF and it's at home.

at Duke Win
It isn't exactly Cameron indoor we're walking into....

That's 7-8 wins not counting the maybe's and we are always good for a suprise win every now and then.

What can I say, I'm an optimist and I am drinking the Al Golden Koolaid.
attachment.php

Looks a whole lot like 6-6 to me but I wish you guys the best. Golden could be pretty good...not sure if he has been there long enough to get a read on it yet.

tjl1388

Looks a whole lot like 6-6 to me but I wish you guys the best. Golden could be pretty good...not sure if he has been there long enough to get a read on it yet.

He not only has the read, he's rewriting the book.

Dude is the goods. I am all about me some Al Golden.

The guy just gets it.

Rebel Yell

Banned
He not only has the read, he's rewriting the book.

Dude is the goods. I am all about me some Al Golden.

The guy just gets it.

I just hope the fanbase is patient with him. He has ALOT of obstacles there to overcome. I believe he will make y'all relevant again, just not soon.