Which game laws have you broken

Which laws have you broken

• Hunting without orange

Votes: 265 66.4%
  • Hunting without permission (include hunting from roads, etc)

Votes: 90 22.6%
  • Hunting out of season (rifle during black powder, does on buck only, etc)

Votes: 44 11.0%
  • Killing over the bag limit

Votes: 66 16.5%
  • Hunting over bait where it is not legal

Votes: 114 28.6%
  • Killing a critter outside legal shooting hours (such as 35 minutes before sunrise)

Votes: 95 23.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 92 23.1%

• Total voters

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My thoughts as well. But there are probably some we wouldn’t want to tell even then

When that time comes around, all the deer, turkeys, ducks, stolen watermelons, landlines, those things will just be memories of a time past and long gone. :)

Who knows, I might put a book in print.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Very surprised more folks didn't admit to usin' a rifle during black powder season.........every billy does that.

BDD

Where is the option for shooting a deer with a .22, in the dark, with a spotlight, over bait, from a moving car, out of season, without hunters education, under the influence, without orange on?????

it wasn't bait it was a corn field, and the car was stopped. Oh, and I did have the hunter's education card.
Me and a few buddy’s ate the whole deer drank 2, 8 gallon kegs of beer and
Stole a bunch of potatoes out of a farmers field the weekend before we all went off to college.
Darn good weekend. By the way it was 38 years ago.

nmurph

I'm glad that there wasn't an option for shooting songbirds out of the holly tree with a Red Rider on a Sunday morning while your parents were getting ready for church or might have had to confess to some illegalities.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I'm glad that there wasn't an option for shooting songbirds out of the holly tree with a Red Rider on a Sunday morning while your parents were getting ready for church or might have had to confess to some illegalities.

Hunting out of season. Sounds like u guilty.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I am certain there were more than a few deer shot before and after legal shooting hours. I was taught to hunt that way (and other even less legal ways), and never thought twice of it for the longest time.

Sure are a lot of people who worry about the "light gathering capacity" of their scopes. :D

Very surprised more folks didn't admit to usin' a rifle during black powder season.........every billy does that.

Never done that one. I like hunting with blackpowder guns. I use blackpowder guns in rifle season right often, actually.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Sure are a lot of people who worry about the "light gathering capacity" of their scopes. :D

Yup. More'n a few folks have tolt me their faincy new scope adds lotsa time to they hunt.

Never done that one. I like hunting with blackpowder guns. I use blackpowder guns in rifle season right often, actually.

When they first came out with blackpowder season billy couldn't believe his good fortune.........a "bonus" rifle week. Not sure why they even separate the two now that they allow scopes and such.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
When they first came out with blackpowder season billy couldn't believe his good fortune.........a "bonus" rifle week. Not sure why they even separate the two now that they allow scopes and such.

If I'm blackpowder hunting, it's a flintlock or caplock with open sights. I've killed a pile more deer with those than I have with modern rifles. :)

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Every single year :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

And yet I never remember to throw it in there.

Memory don’t get better with age either. Sticky notes , outlook calendar reminders, emails to yourself, voicemail to yourself, etc are all in your future.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Memory don’t get better with age either. Sticky notes , outlook calendar reminders, emails to yourself, voicemail to yourself, etc are all in your future.
HA they are all in my present except the sticky notes...I hate a sticky note :rofl:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
None in purpose. I've been in the stand a few times with a bow in hand and start hearing shots. Pull the regs up and yep it's youth rifle or late season gun etc that requires me to wear orange. In every instance I've climbed down and went back to camp for orange

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
My daughter got her first deer this fall. A nice young buck. She hit him right in the middle of the guts about a half hour before dark. When we found him he was still alive. I shot him again. I don't remember the exact time but I'm pretty sure it would've been after the 30 minutes after sunset shooting time. I think what I did was against the law. But I thought it to be morally right at the time. I was safe. We got the buck, recorded him, and got out of the woods to field dress him.

Wayne D Davis

I got my tail wore out once for killing a brown thrasher with my Red Rider aka GA state bird..... mid 60's

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Just go with all of the above :bounce:
I can't beleive more folks haven't shot something outside normal shooting hours.......was standard practice where I come from. If you saw it, you shot it, even if it was a moonlight assisted killing.
What if JBO704 is really a Game Warden..just settin ya'll up...gettin an easy confession:huh::biggrin2::eek::hair::yawn:
The outside legal shooting hours should be more than the orange.

For example, if you got down out of the tree stand and a flash light was helpful in any bit, you were hunting after legal hours. I didn't realize how bright it actually is 30 minutes after sunset until I hunted Fort Yargo and they tell you what your hours are.

They said 6:55 AM and 5:55 PM were the legal hours. I could ethically harvest a deer at 6:20 AM and 6:10 PM. Getting down at 5:55 PM was different for me. I really didn't need a flash light at all and didn't need one on the walk out either it was that bright out.
:waggingfinger::crazy: