My deer are not eating corn

mbiallas

Has anyone else noticed there deer not coming to the feeders lately? I don’t normally run cameras this time of year but I’m surprise that I’m not getting any pictures of deer at my feeders. There is deer sign everywhere and other folks are getting pictures if they have their camera set up on a trail but mine are on feeders in the deer are avoiding them like the plague.

six

To much natural food available now.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Deer will eat the most nutritious food source available. With green up the deer are eating a lot more clover in the food plots as well as other plants around the property.

mbiallas

We must have the world’s most picky deer. We can’t even get them to either clover plots. Plus I had purple top turnips the size of baseballs with leaves two feet tall they wouldn’t touch last season. Even after a good cold snap they stayed away.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We must have the world’s most picky deer. We can’t even get them to either clover plots. Plus I had purple top turnips the size of baseballs with leaves two feet tall they wouldn’t touch last season. Even after a good cold snap they stayed away.
Where did u buy the corn from.

shdw633

I'm having the same issue. Up until a couple of weeks ago I could put out 200 pounds and it would be gone in 3 or 4 days. Now I put it out and it's going on two weeks. Just more food out there right now.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Deer on my place in SC won't eat corn. Period.

Jester896

Senior Clown
corn is candy...they are probably looking for something to sustain antler growth, fawn development, and later milk production.

oldfatbubba

I agree with firedog6510. My deer won't touch the apple-flavored corn that Wally World is currently selling but eat up Wildlife Innovations (unflavored) corn from Dick's

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Add some rice bran to it. That stuff is like crack to a deer.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
“MY” deer are not eating corn either. It maybe because I have no corn out. :)

rosewood

Yep, especially where I am currently hunting Turkey.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Well you won't know for sure until you put some corn out.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Well you won't know for sure until you put some corn out.

They will eat it if out. They have told me so. They said don’t get the Walmart junk. Get real corn from feed stores. :cool:
They will just have to eat on the bait food plots til June.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
They will eat it if out. They have told me so. They said don’t get the Walmart junk. Get real corn from feed stores. :cool:
They will just have to eat on the bait food plots til June.

I only feed top shelf corn to my deer. They deserve the best. Walmart corn is just floor sweepings.The best corn to buy is enviro-corn.It is the most digestible and organic.