HELP..I need some professional advice

GPHC

Went into my stand this morning, in the edge of some whiteoaks overlooking a grown up (3ft-4ft) field with my food plot in the middle of it border by an area about 30 yds wide of thick cover and a swamp.

As the sun rose I notice an image in the fog. It was a friging New Holland tractor, that had cut the entire field. The gentleman that owns the property, who is also a member of the club. With the rut starting here in the Upstate of SC how will this affect me and my daughters hunt this week end. I have just bought her a gun and hoping she would get to bag that first deer Saturday.

Should I shoot him first then ask forgiveness or am I over reacting?????? :mad: :shoot:

duckbill

I agree with D2D. The "chase" is all about the does and they will check out a freshly cut field or foodplot. We've actually had does in our freshly mowed plots within a couple hours of finishing. I hope it works out OK for you.

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
I also agree, This may actually be an advantage for you. If they are rutting they run right out in the open anyway. :flag: :flag: :flag:

Toliver

Yep, again D2D is right. My dad came down to my property on Saturday and bushhogged about 400 yards of the powerline that crosses my property. Sunday morning I saw 11 deer. It may not draw them in but it certainly won't scare them off.

Hope your daughters get'em a big one.

Jeff Phillips

I'd get a couple of bags of 34-0-0 and sweeten up the tender new growth that will be coming up after the mowing!

Turn the whole field into a food plot :D

Sounds like you may have lost some beding area, but you are probably not hurt, I'd hunt it :shoot: