Mullet Fishing on the Altamaha River

Ga. Swamper

Has anyone been fishing for mullet latley, I have never done it, read some threads on here about bait/salt and chum, saw some folks doing it few years back on a sand bar.
What do you look for in a good site/sand bar to fish, one that know one else is fishing(lol). Size hooks? have deep to put salt? chum bag set by salt? If tidal water, out going incoming? What's a good section on the river to try it. Enough weight to keep it on bottom? Fish beside or down stream from salt/chum?
Anything else you can think of will be appreciated.

bowboy1989

fish on the sandbars try to find an eddy like spot were the currnet is that strong or no current at all. fish up strem from the salt you will need to be using a pole and the water depth shoul be any from wasit deep to you chest or neck you can use a number 6 hook or I think maybe a number 4, but I know the 6's will work fine use rabbit food or dog food, fish food to chum up also any stretch of the river will be fine but further down the river you fish the better rig your pole like you would be bream fishing except you aint bream fishing you probaly want see the cork move when they bite so watch closely and if you fish in the current as your line passes your salt block just give it a jerk and don't forget a pole of some type to mark your salt good luck

ClydeWigg3

Here, try a few ...............

::ke: