soybeans to feed the deer in feeders

riddler

Talbot Feed Store

There is a feed store in Geneva on Hwy 96 near Fuller's Deer Cooler. Have you tried it?

dominantpredator

Arnall's Grocery in downtown Newnan has all the soy beans you need. That is where I buy all mine. Also I buy protien pellets deer feed which has more protein than soybeans do and I can get them for you about a dollar a bag cheaper...maybe more on bulk...I have a supplier who brings it in for my mother's store. Deer love it and let me know if I can help with either. Here is some of my son's bucks and my bucks:

Attachments

• James' December 1,2004 buck 002.jpg
    James' December 1,2004 buck 002.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 907
  • James' Monster buck.jpg
    James' Monster buck.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Joey's second buck.jpg
    Joey's second buck.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 888
  • november 13,2004 Joey's buck 001.jpg
    november 13,2004 Joey's buck 001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 918

gadeerwoman

Make sure you tell the store you want FEED soybeans. Lots of seed soybeans have been treated and you definitely do not want to feed those to the deer.

reddawg9

Thanks

Dominantpredator:
Can You Pm And Let Me Know When You Are Making And Order,or Does That Matter? I Will Be Ready To Order Some As Soon As Deer Season Is Over.
Those Are Some Real Nice Bucks, Thanks For The Pictures

Gadeerwoman,thanks For The Helpfull Hits There,i Dont Believe I Would Have Many Deer Left If The Ate The Treated Feed.

gadeerwoman

Deer pelleted feed will run you between $9-11 a bag depending on brand. I tried the "Banks Farm" stuff this year that's put out by Godfrey feed and the deer took to it a lot faster than they did Purina Deer Chow. Biggest problem with it is you'll go broke trying to keep feeders filled with any of it. Don't try it in sling feeders and don't put out too much at a time until you see how quickly they eat it. You never want molded feed around. Always feed out of a covered feeder, never on the ground and move the feeder around periodically if at all possible.