LSU vs Auburn

GeauxLSU

Jeff Young said:
Auburn is an early 1 1/2 point favorite?!?!
Perhaps rightfully so.... :(
Jeff, if I was a Dawg fan, I'd be hoping like heck LSU won this weekend and next (MISS ST.) so that they'd come into Athens feeling just a little bit too cocky. A road loss to Auburn will likely put some needed fire under my boys.
Not sure Ga Southern, Marshall and a week off before the LSU game is an ideal prep for the Dawgs to face LSU but who knows? Personally, I don't think either team (LSU or UGA) has shown much of anything yet. At least nothing that warrants a top 5 rating. ::huh:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
GeauxLSU said:
Personally, I don't think either team (LSU or UGA) has shown much of anything yet. At least nothing that warrants a top 5 rating. ::huh:

Phil, This is typical of Mark Richt. Only show what you must show.

But, back to the topic at hand!

How do feel that the Tigers match up with the Tigers?!?!? ::huh:

GeauxLSU

Jeff Young said:
Phil, This is typical of Mark Richt. Only show what you must show.
But, back to the topic at hand!
How do feel that the Tigers match up with the Tigers?!?!? ::huh:
Yeah, the same was said about Saban. The way LSU played OSU and the way UGA played So.Car. I think you're gonna' show whatever it takes to win the game.... ;)
Anyway, to answer your question. Auburn 'should' win that game. :(
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I miss Matt Mauck. I never liked the inconsistency of Marcus Randall and JaMarcus is at least a year away from being able to lead a team to championships. The planets will have to align for LSU to repeat as SEC champion and look for flying pigs if they win the BCS again.
Lest, anyone misunderstand, I'm going to be pulling for them every week to do just that, but.... I'm a realist.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

TurkeyCreek

War Eagle!!!!!

Should be a good game...AU has a heck of a runnin game with Brown & Williams.

WLMIII

I have not seen any improvements from last year, Jason Cambell appears to be more accurate but our receivers can not catch when/if he gets it there. The running game is awesome but we knew that, Miss St. was not a challenge so it did not prove anything. Defensive backs did not look that great, I hope it is first of the year jitters??

I am afraid we are still a one dimension team. We have not played anybody yet so it is hard to gauge, maybe I am wrong.

Buzz

Gosh - games like this are so hard to pick at the beginning of the season since we really don't know a whole lot about either. I predict one team will win. :bounce:

GeauxLSU

Without a doubt the Tigers will win!

By the way Jody, 21 points?!?! I'll take that. How much? :D

Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Bow Only

I'll have to say, if you haven't seen an improvement since last year, you haven't seen our first two games. Auburn actually has an offensive coordinator that knows what he's doing. I saw him run several formations last week only once. I think he's doing that just to get LSU to prepare for it. Borge's has held his cards tight in his hand and we'll see this week if he can play or if he'll fold. It's a toss up in my book, neither team has played anybody but I feel LSU defense is better. I think Auburn has the better quarterback (yes Jeff, I said Auburn) but the team with the best D usually wins. I see LSU blitzing often and if Campbell can beat the man coverage, Auburn should win. Auburn also hasn't run much misdirection and that tends to negate some of the opponets speed. My prediction
Auburn 29
LSU 24

ramblinrack

workin down below auburn today, i had a chance to listen to au sportstalk on the radio this evenin. they said the lsu ad has requested changing the game (due to ivan)til both teams have an open date in nov, but auburn believes its a ploy to give lsu more time to pick a qb and get him more playing time. au wants to play this weekend and tubberville offered to move the game to sunday. i'll let yall know if i hear anything else. btw, not to offend you aubies but...i did find it humurous they were accusing lsu of backin' out after they CANCELLED the fsu game after tater tot left?

;)

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Now Louie! You know it ain't fair going way back & diggin' up ole Taterhead! Besides the Bowden's have certainly had their fare share of troubles of late.

And yes Matt, Auburn does have the better QB. His name is Brandon Cox & if Tuberhead doesn't make the change he is a bigger dork than I've given him credit for!

Campbell looked fair this weekend but Cox is head & shoulders better. ::huh:

Bow Only

Ramblinrack, in your avatar, are you the one in the middle or the one on the left? Jeff, Brandon Cox might be a more accurate p***er, but I don't feel he is ready to handle the blitz package that LSU will throw at him. I think that Campbell is a better field general at this point. Cox's throws have been impressive, but Jason has checked to the right plays so far this year.
I see Borges rolling Campbell out to lessen the impact of the blitzes and hitting more crossing patterns against man coverage. Jason has always thrown better outside the pocket and isn't great as a pocket p***er. His completion percentage is high, but on short p***es. Throwing the deep ball, Cox is my pick.

H

HT2

Lsu.....

Gotta go with the "LSU TIGERS"!!!!!!!!!

I don't really care who wins, but I think "LSU" is just to tough for Auburn......

But, that's why they play the games......On any given day a team can win.......

Just ask Notre Dame........They did beat Michigan, and had "NO SHOT" to do it..... ::huh:

LKennamer

Not the first time for Auburn and hurricanes

When Hurricane Opal busted through in '95 I was in grad school at AU. We were supposed to play Miss. State on the ESPN Thursday night game. It got moved to Saturday because of the damage (I think the storm hit Tuesday night). When I went to the game on Saturday, I still didn't have power at home. They'll get it played one way or the other, but I personally would rather do it now! LSU is always tough, I'd rather play 'em when they're reeling a little! War Eagle!

ramblinrack

now matt...obviously i'm the meat part of the sammich, so to speak. i would tell yall how i was propositioned by these young ladies but...this is a family board...and i don't think anyone would believe me anyway. the talk is...the game will go on as scheduled unless there are mass power outages.