The Official 1st flyswap 2016 thread

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Make it easy on yourself, Paymaster. We'll get them when we get them. If any are not submitted, just send us one less.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If there are no objections, I am adding a week to the deadline. I will be out of town for a week starting Saturday. I will sort and get the flies in the mail when I return. I will take care of any unsubmitted flies.

That's fine with me. Mine will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

jettman96

No problem Paymaster I'm not worried about making up the missing flies either.

gunnurse

No sweat on the other flies. Send them whenever NCHillbilly's gets here, or later- which ever

Scotsman

I agree with the others, no need to make up any missing flies.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Got NCHillbilly's submission and it is a beauty!!!

Attachments

• DSC04528.JPG
    DSC04528.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 162

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
OK, I have gotten the withdrawal fly replacements tied. I will give until the mail runs today for the other set to arrive, then close this swap. If the flies are a no show, I will tie nine more of some pattern to replace those. Then sort and ship in the next day or so. :cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is an old traditional southern Appalachian pattern, the yellow palmer. It's an old pattern, and a simple one-but it works. It's my go-to dry fly this time of year.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I bet that would be killer on those big brookies in the Nantahala, NCH!!!!

The swap is now closed. I did not get the other set so a bit more tyin and I will get the swap flies sorted and mailed. Thanks to all that participated.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Ok, flies are mailed. Great swap y'all! I look forward to the next one. Let us all know when you receive your package.

And to those that sent extras, never necessary, but always appreciated. :cheers:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good deal y'all.

I may do a flybox give away, with a set of these flies, later on. Just have to come up with an art theme for the lid.

Scotsman

Thanks, everyone! The box of flies came today. Not only do they all look great, they smell great - curiously strong like mint!

I cannot wait to tie these on and fish! Again, great job on the flies, gentlemen!:cheers:

gunnurse

Got mine today. OMG they are something. This is the first fly swap that I've ever participated in. Paymaster- that was a stand-up thing you did by sending flies that you were not obligated to tie. Like my signature- not something you had to do.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Got mine yesterday. Great looking flies! Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to trying them out. :cheers:

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Got mine yesterday in the mail also. Outstanding workmanship this time around.
Thanks Pay, for the hosting.

jettman96

Got mine a few days ago! They all look great!

Thanks again Paymaster for another great swap!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Ok! Looks like the flies have found their new homes so all is good. Thanks y'all for the participation and it was a fine swap. I look forward to the next one. Remember, anyone can host a swap. So, when anyone is ready to do one that has not before, I will help and advise. Now I will un-stick this one and let it drift on down stream.:cheers: