Need SKS front site block

Capt Quirk

I just bought a Norinco SKS, and somewhere before me, they took off the front site block. It was replaced with a hunk of rubber hose, and a clamp on AR style front site. I would like to get the original front site assembly, complete with the folding bayonet. Problem is, after many searches on the interweb, every one I found that had them listed for sale were out of stock. Any ideas?

GunnSmokeer

If you could do without the bayonet lug, here's a used one with a cut-off stub of the barrel still attached for $28.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/778548608

My SKS's came with ground-down bayonet lugs, I think. Just as well, I would not be interested in swapping out enough parts with American-made replacement parts to satisfy federal law, 18 USC section 922r. I'll just keep my SKS in the same configuration as it was imported.

BUT, what about you placing a "wanted to buy" ad for some SKS owner who has scoped his rifle to sell you his front sight assembly?
Or, offer to buy an original Norinco front sight assembly with bayonet lug from somebody who would use the money to buy an American-made aftermarket replacement front sight assembly, perhaps one with an integral muzzle break or comp?

Capt Quirk

I've been looking, but nobody seems to have one they are willing to part with. I'd like to take it back to original.

transfixer

Currently a couple on Ebay, says they are Russian, but they are all the same except for the Yugo's , a little pricey though. but they are complete.

PappyHoel

I want a paratrooper SKS bad

transfixer

I have a paratrooper length barrel I bought off Ebay a few years ago, was going to do a barrel swap on a regular length sks , ended up finding a paratrooper length sks at a good deal, I still have the barrel, its the pinned style, not screw in, if someone wanted to swap one out.

transfixer

Jester896

Senior Clown
I might know where you can find one. I will get the shovel out and see if I can dig one up.

transfixer

@transfixer , Looking at those pics, you don't have the front sight assembly either.

No, that's the way it came when I bought it off of Ebay , the link Jester posted for the front sight assembly is what you need, although it probably will end up going for $35 or $40 , at least that's what they used to bring.