Matthews Helim.. Went to the Darkside (W/ Pics)

stick_slinger

Well, after my last 2 bows being Hoyt's thinking that those would be the only ones I would shoot for awhile, I just went into Chuck's to burn time and happened to shoot the Addiction and Helim, shouldnt have dont that lol.. Next day I went in and shot it Side by Side my Crx 32 with the same setup and needless to say the Helim impressed me..

Difference in bows: Well lets start off with feel, the bow is super light and feels great, I am a fan of short ATA bows and the Helim got me even shorter on the ATA.. Draw Cycle was smooth as butter, I personally didnt feel any kind of valley in it, may have been a small one but I couldnt feel it.. Back wall felt pretty solid on it, but this is the only area I felt the Crx 32 had a edge on the Helim, because the valley on the Crx 32, it allows you to hold it very easy at full draw and allows for creep, the Helim on the other hand that i didnt notice a valley on doesnt like creeping near as much, you can still creep with it but not as much, its managable and I believe the only creep issues I will have is after a long day of shooting, other than that it hasnt posed a issue for me thus far... After the shot, I feel the Helim absolutely smoked the Crx32 in this area.. Neither bows are bad on the shot, but the Crx32 does have a buzz in it after you release the arrow, which i didnt notice at all with the Helim.. What sold me on the Helim and alot of guys dont like this about the Helim, but it is one of the reasons i got it..It does have some bottom kick in it, meaning the cam jumps towards the target when you shoot it.. But i love that it does that.. Reason being it helps me a TON on my follow through.. I can leave my hand completely open and release a arrow and without closing my hand I can hold the bow on target all the way until impact.. Like I said alot of guys wont like this out of a bow, its the first bow I have ever shot that did this and I actually like it.

I finally got me a Black Bow, got the Display bow off the Matthews stand that had never been fired.. All black with green Harmonic dampeners and string stops, Black and Green strings and the HHA Single pin slider looks awesome on it with the green ring and pin, went with a QAD rest.. When i find the cord to my camera I will post pics.. I know its a long read but for those interested in the Helim this should help alittle, its worth giving one a shot if your interested in a new bow.

Oh yeah almost forgot.
Bow specs.

27.5 inch draw
66lb draw weight
CX Blue Streaks
Shooting 297 FPS

Giving the Blue Streaks a try, liking em so far

CJ

Last edited:

stick_slinger

Oh yeah, I actually got a full season this year.. Bad boy drives tacs too so hopefully i wont miss again this season lol.

CJ

stick_slinger

@ Happy Dad... I forgot to get them weighed will when i go back to get the sight tapes I forgot, they already stayed 30 minutes after closing time so i was trying to hurry so they could go home..

Yeah Webfoot its pretty sweet... No boat yet? Or did I miss the thread?

CJ

solocam678

Good deal. I picked one up the other day but still hadn't shot one cuz I know if I do I will have to have one. Congrats...oh an its def not the dark side its the bright side.:fine:

@ Happy Dad... I forgot to get them weighed will when i go back to get the sight tapes I forgot, they already stayed 30 minutes after closing time so i was trying to hurry so they could go home..

Yeah Webfoot its pretty sweet... No boat yet? Or did I miss the thread?

CJ
No boat. Still waiting. The motor didn't ship on the day it was suppose to.

stick_slinger

@ Solocam, yeah its lookin like that.. I feel like im shootin alot better already.

@ Webfoot, dang that stinks.. Well, you will have it soon man.

CJ

C Cape

That was a sweet looking setup. I was in there when he got it in from Mathews.

stick_slinger

That was a sweet looking setup. I was in there when he got it in from Mathews.

Yeah and the thing shoots like a dream.. Surprised how well i can group with it at 60 yards.. Got the single pin slider sighted in at 60 yards and had 2 arrow touching.. If I can figure out how to post picture from my phone.. I got pictures of the rig and the 60 yard group.

CJ

TurkeyBird

Nice! After looking at the specs online, I wasn't too impressed with the Helium. After spending some time shooting it in the archery shop, I changed my mind! This is a great shooting bow. I ordered my Helium Tactical in the middle of March and finally got it a few weeks back. I have really enjoyed shooting it so far and can't wait to finish getting her dialed in!

stick_slinger

Nice! After looking at the specs online, I wasn't too impressed with the Helium. After spending some time shooting it in the archery shop, I changed my mind! This is a great shooting bow. I ordered my Helium Tactical in the middle of March and finally got it a few weeks back. I have really enjoyed shooting it so far and can't wait to finish getting her dialed in!

When you finish gettin her dialed in you are gonna love that thing even more lol.. I had to sight my HHA Single Pin Slider at 20 and 60 yards.. I didnt think I was gonna be able to group tight enough at 60, boy was i wrong.. My 3rd group at 60 yards the arrows were touching.. That thing will flat out slang darts!!!

CJ

TurkeyBird

When you finish gettin her dialed in you are gonna love that thing even more lol.. I had to sight my HHA Single Pin Slider at 20 and 60 yards.. I didnt think I was gonna be able to group tight enough at 60, boy was i wrong.. My 3rd group at 60 yards the arrows were touching.. That thing will flat out slang darts!!!

That's impressive! I am definitely looking forward to some longer range shooting. I am trying a new Carter Revolution tension release, so the transition with the new bow/release has been a little slower than normal. I have kept my range pretty close trying to get comfortable with the new setup. I think it's going to be an awesome rig when everything is said and done!

stick_slinger

That's impressive! I am definitely looking forward to some longer range shooting. I am trying a new Carter Revolution tension release, so the transition with the new bow/release has been a little slower than normal. I have kept my range pretty close trying to get comfortable with the new setup. I think it's going to be an awesome rig when everything is said and done!

oh yeah, i think the main thing that is making me shoot so well with it at long range is the bottom kick it has allows me to have near perfect follow through and I went with the HHA Single Pin Slider so it is easier for me to focus on a small spot at longer ranges rather that if i had 4 other pins in the way.

CJ

lungbuster123

Here are your pics man. Great looking setup!

Attachments

• 2012-06-17_19-44-46_425.jpg
    2012-06-17_19-44-46_425.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 5,212
  • 2012-06-17_19-44-37_329.jpg
    2012-06-17_19-44-37_329.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 5,392

stick_slinger

Dang, your gonna have to show me how to do that one day lol..
Thanks man.

CJ

stringmusic

Good lookin' bow SS! :cool:

stick_slinger

Good lookin' bow SS! :cool:

Thanks, picture quality aint too great cause those were takin with my phone but I cant find the cord to my camera so thats the only option i have until I can find it, or take them with my trail cams? hahahaha

Waiting for the Green Harmonic Dampener to come for the Axion Triad Stabilizer and that will be going on next.. It is going to look super sweet with that stab on it.

CJ