Ohh neat, our own forum...sort of....

atlashunter

So are you speaking in tongues now? :biggrin3:

Israel

BANNED
So, why is "Apologetics" allowed here?

The Christians get their own forum where we can't disagree, but we get our forum, where they can come to disagree. Seems like we're getting the short end of the stick here...

Tell ya what though. I think I prefer it this way.

Yes. Christian Apologists! You are welcome to come here and try your best arguments.

We don't need a place to hide.
We don't need a "safe room".
We don't want an echo chamber.

I guess there was a time before the Earth cooled that there was no provision for A/A in the "spiritual forum". Pnome, who has "gone on" in whatever measure, was at the time a little puzzled as to the inclusion of the third "A".

Be that as it may, whether there be three "A"s or more, I cannot help but wonder upon what grounds any A/A would either find place for umbrage, or place for plea of inclusion to what they appear to nominally refute...the matter of spirit.

I think I could understand some agitation for a separate "Non-Spiritual" forum, or an "Anti-Spiritual" forum (though I understand that could well incite the response "we are not anti anything, we do not set ourselves to be "antis" to what we a priori do not accept as extant)

But, to be truthful...if anyone on here has ever told the truth...that's not the truth either. For almost to a man, each who participates as the first 2/3 of the AAA, has some claim to once being a part of what they now claim to not be "anti" to, just no longer a part of a thing that "doesn't exist" as a true thing; and that being of "the household of faith". (So maybe a 4th A is indeed called for...Apostates) It is not derogatory, I truly don't recall interacting with anyone who has said "I have been an atheist since birth".
I don't know all the mental gymnastics required to hold that "once I too was very deceived and held completely in a lie...but I got myself out of it" Is that by "anti-divine intervention"?

But of course apostates wouldn't see themselves as such...they are merely...enlightened.

But I also understand some provision could be argued for the "Spiritual Atheist/Agnostic" section of a specifically spiritual forum. After all, if you Google "the spiritual atheist" there are a few entries. But then I imagine, would come those who could argue some departure from the one "true anti-faith" to deride those who claimed to be spiritual in whatever measure.

Some have had a laugh at what goes on in the "upstairs" in a seeming divisiveness leading to argument, and I don't think it takes a great deal of imagination what flood gates could be opened among those who would claim to be "spiritual atheists/agnostics" when seeking to either maintain that assertion or explain to a truer atheist (or one who at least sees himself as such) the validity of their occupation. Seems the spectrum could then become at least as varied as some seem to find in that "upstairs".

Assertions meet with much derision. The old "I have proof for what I say, you are simply asserting something...and that emptily" No, not really. You are simply asserting a refutation to assertion in delusion to what you believe to be "weight" on your side...which ultimately is shown to be nothing more that the weight of multiple opinion...asserted.

But this is always so. Assertion comes and then answer to it. The "science" that is much touted is indeed touted to this particular practice continually, being willing to always "test" previous assertions. But science doesn't really do that, at all, men do. (is that too fine a point? Too subtle for some?) Men use "a" science ( does that "a" become too subtle?) to their discoveries. So that even "in science" (to whatever persuasion that "a" conforms ) there exists, and is said, "such and such is good science...while there exists such that is bad". Science...in whatever form then has taken on its own notions of purity and self admittedly can only approach a notion of purity at best if submitting in truth always to its own testing. That is where the "purity" notions clash among all sciences (and what may be discerened then as "good" or "bad")...what leaves itself always open to all testing to its foundation for a non biased disclosure of its essence, (if you will, spirit) letting the chips fall where they may.

I submit/assert all men's "science", (my own no less included) is response to first assertion made. But then, if my assertion is true that "science" of itself does nothing...but is merely a tool in a man's hand that he uses "to know"...then the man will find that as his science is tested...it's not really the tool being examined...but himself.

So, the tool of the A/A/A forum that men presume in use to expression, is its foundation...faulty? Let the chips fall where they may. Are you...a "spiritual atheist"?

If so, then your spirit/essence...is for the examination and disclosure no less than any "found upstairs".

Is your "science" faulty? Then know where the fault is really being found.

I assert a covering for that.
And my own, no less.

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
We don't want an echo chamber.

Apparently you’re new here because that’s all that this place is, a graveyard of thoughtless , empty, dead memes. Ooops. Old thread . Pnome isn’t an atheist anymore. Welp, there goes another couple memes.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Although I don't consider myself an atheist (more agnostic/searcher, but would refer to myself as 'christian'), I am very spiritual.
I wounder if after i die, it will be alot like before I was born.
I have the hope, try to maintain the faith, lookiing for belief, but have a hard time believing without evidence. Won't have the knowledge til after I get there.

1eyefishing

Can an atheist not believe in life after death?
Could be some kind of scientific possibility...

WaltL1

I would think that as long as you don't believe that life after death is connected to a god in any way, then yes.
Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. The End.

Artfuldodger

I would think that as long as you don't believe that life after death is connected to a god in any way, then yes.
Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. The End.

Yes if one thought it related to the energy that he came from at creation. They he would return to that energy.
I've heard people think that but I don't know if they believe they will retain their identity.

What good would eternal life be if you didn't live as who you are?

Artfuldodger

I don't know. It was the "Apparently you're new here" that got me to giggle.

Care to share your spiritual progression? I think many Christians are glad you've made the first step. That now that you are no longer an Atheist, you may one day transcend to a belief in Christianity. Your conversion will be easier now. Maybe.
At the very least you are no longer one of "them."(lol)

Israel

BANNED
Yes if one thought it related to the energy that he came from at creation. They he would return to that energy.
I've heard people think that but I don't know if they believe they will retain their identity.

What good would eternal life be if you didn't live as who you are?

If identity is a given thing, not an assumed thing...then is not our faith that the Giver of identity is truly the only one ever securing it?

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Is Paul, a spiritual man, experiencing that? A simultaneous and seeming loss but only to a further establishment?

I don't think it's "mere" poetry to be "lost in love". Neither do I believe that one who has had even the slightest taste (even if only of earthen matters) doubts the power of it.

Yet, how much more then...is the love of God...when revealed to that discovery to be "first" toward a man? All that the Father speaks to (and of) His Christ...is heard inside the Christ. And so then is all response from that inside.

Deep calls to deep.

ambush80

I had an idea for a movie once. The premise was that a guy was about to die violently, maybe shot or in a car crash and some kind of "Quantum Event" happened at that moment and he was able access other dimensions of the Multiverse. I didn't get much further on the script, but imagine if that story were 5,000 years old. Would people be more likely to believe it?

1eyefishing

...If in fact there is life after death, could it have a scientific explanation? Just a scientific reality that hasn't been 'discovered' yet?
Wouldn't THAT be the ultimate revelation and reconsiliation of both science and religion.
But how do we find out?
Until we do, the argument will continue...

ambush80

...If in fact there is life after death, could it have a scientific explanation? Just a scientific reality that hasn't been 'discovered' yet?
Wouldn't THAT be the ultimate revelation and reconsiliation of both science and religion.
But how do we find out?
Until we do, the argument will continue...

I'd be happy to see people trying to explain resurrections scientifically.

Latest posts