Louisiana Redfish Trip w/pics

Scout'nStripers

We just got back from a 2 day fishing trip out of the Jean Lafitte area of Louisiana with Captain Scott Pouche' and Captain Mike Juhas. The first day we fished was with Capt. Mike and the wind was blowing hard out of the north. We were using nothing but artificials and it was a little tough. Between my son and I we put 6 fish in the boat with a few good ones on gold spoons and cocahoe swimbaits.

The second day an old Navy buddy joined us and and we did a little better with 3 limits including the Capt. and we ended up with 18 total. The wind had switched to the southeast and the tide started coming back in. We used nothing but the cocahoes and found them in flooded ponds. We had a blast and I highly recommend New Orleans Fishing Charters and Capt. Scott Pouche'. We also stayed right there about 30 yards from the Captains docks as they have some great lodging available. Here's a few more pics of our trip.

Attachments

• Laffite10.jpg
    Laffite10.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 484
  • laffite1.jpg
    laffite1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 486
  • laffite2.jpg
    laffite2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 486
  • Laffite5.jpg
    Laffite5.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 486
  • Laffite6.jpg
    Laffite6.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 484
  • Laffite7.jpg
    Laffite7.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys! It's a great trip, especially if you like to eat fish. I usually try and go once a year and bring back red and speck filets, shrimp and redfish on the half shell for the deep freeze. Captain Scott is a great host and treated us like we were family. These guys went out of their way to make sure we had a fun trip. You can stay within just a few yards of the docks and all your catch is cleaned and bagged right at the dock.